    installed version is libFLAC++.so.6. Is there any easy way around this?
    Thanks, jwc

  2. Re: audacity

    On 2008-07-02, john connolly wrote:
    > Hi,
    > In slack 12.1 my version of audacity wants libFLAC++.so.5 but the
    > installed version is libFLAC++.so.6. Is there any easy way around this?
    > Thanks, jwc

    I just got audacity installed on my fresh 12.1 a couple days ago using all
    slack pkgs. I have libFLAC 6 and 8, so it must have been in one of these
    packages.

    audacity-1.3.5-i486-1sl.tgz
    fftw-3.1.2-i486-1kjz.tgz
    jack-audio-connection-kit-0.109.2-i486-2sl.tgz
    jackmix-0.0.3-i486-4fv.tgz
    jackmix-0.3.1-i486-2fv.tgz
    libmspack-0.0.20060920alpha-i486-1as.tgz
    libsamplerate-0.1.3-i486-1sl.tgz
    libsndfile-1.0.17-i486-1sl.tgz
    portaudio-20080508-i486-2as.tgz
    soundtouch-1.3.1-i486-2as.tgz
    twolame-0.3.12-i486-1as.tgz
    wxwidgets-2.8.7.unicode-i486-1sl.tgz

    It seems to be working ok, with the exception of a couple effects. Natch,
    they're the ones I want, change pitch and change tempo. Supposedly, I can
    get them to work by re-compiling audacity with the '--with-soundtouch' opt.
    I will if I have to. but would sure like to get the soundtouch libs working
    without having to re-compile.

    Anyone?

    nb

  3. Re: audacity

    On Wed, 02 Jul 2008 00:49:34 +0000, notbob wrote:

    > On 2008-07-02, john connolly wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >> In slack 12.1 my version of audacity wants libFLAC++.so.5 but the
    >> installed version is libFLAC++.so.6. Is there any easy way around this?
    >> Thanks, jwc

    > I just got audacity installed on my fresh 12.1 a couple days ago using
    > all slack pkgs. I have libFLAC 6 and 8, so it must have been in one of
    > these packages.
    >
    > audacity-1.3.5-i486-1sl.tgz
    > fftw-3.1.2-i486-1kjz.tgz
    > jack-audio-connection-kit-0.109.2-i486-2sl.tgz
    > jackmix-0.0.3-i486-4fv.tgz
    > jackmix-0.3.1-i486-2fv.tgz
    > libmspack-0.0.20060920alpha-i486-1as.tgz
    > libsamplerate-0.1.3-i486-1sl.tgz
    > libsndfile-1.0.17-i486-1sl.tgz
    > portaudio-20080508-i486-2as.tgz
    > soundtouch-1.3.1-i486-2as.tgz
    > twolame-0.3.12-i486-1as.tgz
    > wxwidgets-2.8.7.unicode-i486-1sl.tgz
    >
    > It seems to be working ok, with the exception of a couple effects.
    > Natch, they're the ones I want, change pitch and change tempo.
    > Supposedly, I can get them to work by re-compiling audacity with the
    > '--with-soundtouch' opt. I will if I have to. but would sure like to get
    > the soundtouch libs working without having to re-compile.
    >
    > Anyone?
    >
    > nb

    Thanks for replying. I either verified or installed all the packages you
    list but it didn't solve the problem. I then put soft links from the most
    recent lib files that caused error messages to the ones required. That
    allows audacity to load. I haven't tried to do anything with it yet.
    Cheers, jwc

  4. Re: audacity

    On Wed, 02 Jul 2008 00:49:34 +0000, notbob wrote:

    > On 2008-07-02, john connolly wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >> In slack 12.1 my version of audacity wants libFLAC++.so.5 but the
    >> installed version is libFLAC++.so.6. Is there any easy way around this?
    >> Thanks, jwc

    > I just got audacity installed on my fresh 12.1 a couple days ago using
    > all slack pkgs. I have libFLAC 6 and 8, so it must have been in one of
    > these packages.
    >
    > audacity-1.3.5-i486-1sl.tgz
    > fftw-3.1.2-i486-1kjz.tgz
    > jack-audio-connection-kit-0.109.2-i486-2sl.tgz
    > jackmix-0.0.3-i486-4fv.tgz
    > jackmix-0.3.1-i486-2fv.tgz
    > libmspack-0.0.20060920alpha-i486-1as.tgz
    > libsamplerate-0.1.3-i486-1sl.tgz
    > libsndfile-1.0.17-i486-1sl.tgz
    > portaudio-20080508-i486-2as.tgz
    > soundtouch-1.3.1-i486-2as.tgz
    > twolame-0.3.12-i486-1as.tgz
    > wxwidgets-2.8.7.unicode-i486-1sl.tgz
    >
    > It seems to be working ok, with the exception of a couple effects.
    > Natch, they're the ones I want, change pitch and change tempo.
    > Supposedly, I can get them to work by re-compiling audacity with the
    > '--with-soundtouch' opt. I will if I have to. but would sure like to get
    > the soundtouch libs working without having to re-compile.
    >
    > Anyone?
    >
    > nb

    Oops! I just discovered that I have another (older) version of audacity
    in the /usr/local/ tree. Once I disposed of it everything worked ok.
    My bad, jwc

+ Reply to Thread