kttsmgr - Slackware

This is a discussion on kttsmgr - Slackware ; Hello, * Eevery time I log in in KDE, KTTSMgr appears, and asks me to install a Talker. Google and Help tell me everything about it except what I want to know: how do I turn it off forever? And ...

  1. kttsmgr

    Hello, *

    Eevery time I log in in KDE, KTTSMgr appears, and asks me to install a
    Talker. Google and Help tell me everything about it except what I want to
    know: how do I turn it off forever? And who turned it on?

  2. Re: kttsmgr

    jjg wrote:
    > Hello, *
    >
    > Eevery time I log in in KDE, KTTSMgr appears, and asks me to install a
    > Talker. Google and Help tell me everything about it except what I want to
    > know: how do I turn it off forever? And who turned it on?

    you running akregator? i can't make the damn thing stop running either,
    akregator starts it, though i don't get warnings about missing talkers,
    maybe slack installs one by default, or i turned warnings off somehow,
    dunno.

  3. Re: kttsmgr

    jjg wrote :

    > Google and Help tell me everything about it except what I want to
    > know: how do I turn it off forever?

    Start the "Control Center" and go to "Regional & Accessibility" and
    "Text-to-Speech" and in the "General" pane make sure that its disabled.
    --
    Thomas O.

  4. Re: kttsmgr

    Thomas Overgaard wrote:

    > jjg wrote :
    >
    >> Google and Help tell me everything about it except what I want to
    >> know: how do I turn it off forever?

    > Start the "Control Center" and go to "Regional & Accessibility" and
    > "Text-to-Speech" and in the "General" pane make sure that its disabled.

    Everything in this pane is OFF.

    I "solved" the problem by renaming /usr/bin/kttsmgr

+ Reply to Thread