dropline-installer - Slackware

This is a discussion on dropline-installer - Slackware ; Hi, I did an upgrade from slack 12.0 to 12.1 a few weeks ago. Just now I ran dropline-installer and I get the error message: Checking for libpisync.so.0... not found. The file in question is in /usr/lib, it is a ...

  1. dropline-installer

    Hi,
    I did an upgrade from slack 12.0 to 12.1 a few weeks ago. Just now I ran
    dropline-installer and I get the error message:

    Checking for libpisync.so.0... not found.

    The file in question is in /usr/lib, it is a soft link to
    libpisync.so.1.0.3. Running ldconfig -v |grep libpisync.so only shows
    libpisync.so.1 -> libpisync.so.1.0.3. I don't know if is supposed to show
    the other links or not. I have tried several versions of
    dropline-installer, including dropline-installer-2.20-i686-1dl.tgz.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks, jwc

  2. Re: dropline-installer

    On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 12:11:38 -0500, john connolly wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I did an upgrade from slack 12.0 to 12.1 a few weeks ago. Just
    > now I ran
    > dropline-installer and I get the error message:
    >
    > Checking for libpisync.so.0... not found.
    >
    > The file in question is in /usr/lib, it is a soft link to
    > libpisync.so.1.0.3. Running ldconfig -v |grep libpisync.so only shows
    > libpisync.so.1 -> libpisync.so.1.0.3. I don't know if is supposed to
    > show the other links or not. I have tried several versions of
    > dropline-installer, including dropline-installer-2.20-i686-1dl.tgz.
    > Any help would be appreciated.

    Well, this is probably not what you want to hear, but you might
    consider getting rid of Dropline. I tried to install and use it several
    times, and it messes with Slackware big time, compromising its stability.
    In addition, it never worked entirely correctly: I always had Gnome
    applications that would often crash for no good reason.

    You might like to consider the Gnome distribution packaged by the
    guys at slacky.eu. It plays far better with Slackware than Dropline and,
    in addition, it seems to work out of the box much better to boot.

  3. Re: dropline-installer

    On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 12:11:38 -0500, john connolly wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I did an upgrade from slack 12.0 to 12.1 a few weeks ago. Just now I ran
    > dropline-installer and I get the error message:

    Screw that Dropline crap.

    I recommend this Gnome:
    http://gnomeslackbuild.org/

    --
    "Bother!" said Pooh, as he stuck a pin in Hillary's implants.

  4. Re: dropline-installer

    john connolly wrote (Mon, 16 Jun 2008 12:11:38 -0500):

    > Hi,
    > I did an upgrade from slack 12.0 to 12.1 a few weeks ago. Just
    > now I ran
    > dropline-installer and I get the error message:

    As I get it, dropiline is not up to date now.

    I tried gsb (http://gnomeslackbuild.org/) and it's very nice. Actually,
    it was better most of the time, except for a standstill they had about a
    year ago...

    Good luck
    Franz

+ Reply to Thread