quickcam-messenger - Slackware

This is a discussion on quickcam-messenger - Slackware ; Hi, If anyone is able to operate a quickcam-messenger webcam using any of the slack12.1 kernels I would appreciate it if you would report on which kernel and module you use. Thanks, jwc...

  1. quickcam-messenger

    Hi,
    If anyone is able to operate a quickcam-messenger webcam using any of the
    slack12.1 kernels I would appreciate it if you would report on which kernel
    and module you use.
    Thanks, jwc

  2. Re: quickcam-messenger

    On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 11:59:44 -0500, john connolly wrote:
    > Hi,
    > If anyone is able to operate a quickcam-messenger webcam using any of the
    > slack12.1 kernels I would appreciate it if you would report on which kernel
    > and module you use.
    > Thanks, jwc

    output from lsusb:
    Bus 005 Device 002: ID 046d:08f6 Logitech, Inc. Quickcam Messenger Plus

    If you have a ID 046d:08f6 , this worked for me.
    2.6.24.5-smp #7 SMP
    quickcam

    scroll down this link until you get to:
    How to compile the Logitech Quickcam Messenger driver for the Linux kernel 2.6.24

    http://textoplano.livejournal.com/

    --
    Ken P

  3. Re: quickcam-messenger

    Ken P wrote:

    > On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 11:59:44 -0500, john connolly
    > wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >> If anyone is able to operate a quickcam-messenger webcam using
    >> any of the
    >> slack12.1 kernels I would appreciate it if you would report on which
    >> kernel and module you use.
    >> Thanks, jwc

    > output from lsusb:
    > Bus 005 Device 002: ID 046d:08f6 Logitech, Inc. Quickcam Messenger Plus
    >
    > If you have a ID 046d:08f6 , this worked for me.
    > 2.6.24.5-smp #7 SMP
    > quickcam
    >
    > scroll down this link until you get to:
    > How to compile the Logitech Quickcam Messenger driver for the Linux kernel
    > 2.6.24
    >
    > http://textoplano.livejournal.com/

    Thank you for the reply. The procedure on the above webpage worked for my
    camera.
    Cheers, jwc

+ Reply to Thread