    even if it is a waste of time.
    From: Floyd L. Davidson

    Every so often you will see a post letting people know that an
    updated Best of alt.os.linux.slackware Fortune Mod is available
    for download. The url is:

    This fortune mod is a collection of quotes either seen on AOLS
    or by AOLS regulars that were deemed so wise, funny, inflammatory
    or any combination of those that they were submitted for inclusion.

    Please take the time to follow the guidelines at the URL above
    and see to it that there will be a next release, as others have
    done to make the past releases possible.

  2. Re: [OT] FAQ Mod Quotes -- (updated: Sweetmorn, the 67th day of Bureaucracy in the YOLD 3171)

    On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 22:40:06 +0000, ModQuote_FAQ wrote:

    > FAQ Mod Quotes -- (updated: Sweetmorn, the 67th day of Bureaucracy in
    > the YOLD 3171)
    >
    > Sample Mod Quote:

    > Roger Maynard is just a sleazey troll. Outing him is acceptable,
    > even if it is a waste of time.
    > From: Floyd L. Davidson

    Dare I say? rm seems to have been truly sucked up into the wonderful
    world of Vista. Maybe Vista doesn't let him post to news groups...

    Vista: Do you really want to troll usenet today? Yes or No

    Roger: We aren't a troll! Ask us nice!

    Vista: Do you really want to troll usenet today? Yes or No

    Roger: Bugger off Vista. Cordially as always, rm.

  3. Re: [OT] FAQ Mod Quotes -- (updated: Sweetmorn, the 67th day ofBureaucracy in the YOLD 3171)

    On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 23:32:10 +0000, stinger wrote:

    > Vista: Do you really want to troll usenet today? Yes or No
    >
    > Roger: We aren't a troll! Ask us nice!
    >
    > Vista: Do you really want to troll usenet today? Yes or No
    >
    > Roger: Bugger off Vista. Cordially as always, rm.

  4. Re: [OT] FAQ Mod Quotes -- (updated: Sweetmorn, the 67th day of Bureaucracyin the YOLD 3171)

    ModQuote_FAQ@dev.null wrote:
    > FAQ Mod Quotes -- (updated: Sweetmorn, the 67th day of Bureaucracy in
    > the YOLD 3171)

    Why?

    > Sample Mod Quote:

    [gratuitous ascii "art" line, deleted]

    > Roger Maynard is just a sleazey troll. Outing him is acceptable,
    > even if it is a waste of time.
    > From: Floyd L. Davidson

    [2nd gratuitous ascii "art" line, deleted]

    Boy, you're really scraping the bottom of the barrel, aren't you? Which
    is more cheesy? Quoting the polar bear hunter or calling us names?

    What's the matter? Did you miss us? We are the only one who actually
    reads your crap, let alone, responds to it. That must be it.

    In case you were wondering, we actually prefer linux to vista. Old
    habits die hard. What's your excuse?

    Of course, if we knew vista better we might be able to land a job. We
    did apply for one up in Alaska, at Floyd's Polar Bear Roadhouse, making
    Floyd's Polar Bear Stew. But we haven't heard back yet. Apparently
    Floyd uses sendmail from the command line and he seems to have
    overlooked us. But that shouldn't be a surprise, because, as old-timers
    will recall, Floyd likes shooting polar bears with a .22 long...

    Floyd is probably out getting a tan. Alaska's summer is this week,
    isn't it? Or do they have their summer next week?

    cordially, as always,

    rm

  5. Re: [OT] FAQ Mod Quotes -- (updated: Sweetmorn, the 67th day of Bureaucracy in the YOLD 3171)

    realto margarino wrote:

    > What's the matter? *Did you miss us?

    I did rather wonder where you'd gone. If it was on a holiday I do hope
    you had an enjoyable time.

    Your involvement, as always, adds a certain piquancy to the proceedings
    of this newsgroup. I'm sure that others will also savour your return
    to our discourses.
    --
    Two Ravens
    "...hit the squirrel..."

  6. Re: [OT] FAQ Mod Quotes -- (updated: Sweetmorn, the 67th day of Bureaucracy in the YOLD 3171)

    On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 00:50:27 +0100, Two ravens wrote:

    > I did rather wonder where you'd gone. If it was on a holiday I do hope
    > you had an enjoyable time.

    It could be he was in the hospital recovering from a lobotomy. Perhaps
    he'll be smarter now.

    > Your involvement, as always, adds a certain piquancy to the proceedings
    > of this newsgroup. I'm sure that others will also savour your return to
    > our discourses.

    Indeed. Now all we have to look forward to is the return of ANC.

    Now filtering out all posts originating from Google Groups.

  7. Re: [OT] FAQ Mod Quotes -- (updated: Sweetmorn, the 67th day of Bureaucracy in the YOLD 3171)

    On 2008-06-14, Dan C wrote:
    > On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 00:50:27 +0100, Two ravens wrote:
    >
    >> I did rather wonder where you'd gone. If it was on a holiday I do hope
    >> you had an enjoyable time.

    > It could be he was in the hospital recovering from a lobotomy. Perhaps
    > he'll be smarter now.
    >
    >> Your involvement, as always, adds a certain piquancy to the proceedings
    >> of this newsgroup. I'm sure that others will also savour your return to
    >> our discourses.

    > Indeed. Now all we have to look forward to is the return of ANC.

    All you have to do is utter those two magic words....market share

    ken

  8. Re: [OT] FAQ Mod Quotes -- (updated: Sweetmorn, the 67th day of Bureaucracy in the YOLD 3171)

    Dan C wrote:

    > Indeed. *Now all we have to look forward to is the return of ANC.

    Come on admit it , you've got a mojo for calling him up. You mention his
    name at 01:41:12, (by my clock?), and there he is at 04:23:11! (See
    OT: BEA Diary).
    --
    Two Ravens
    "...hit the squirrel..."

  9. Re: [OT] FAQ Mod Quotes -- (updated: Sweetmorn, the 67th day of Bureaucracy in the YOLD 3171)

    On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 11:54:06 +0100, Two Ravens wrote:

    >> Indeed. *Now all we have to look forward to is the return of ANC.

    > Come on admit it , you've got a mojo for calling him up. You mention his
    > name at 01:41:12, (by my clock?), and there he is at 04:23:11! (See
    > OT: BEA Diary).

    LOL! That's friggin hilarious, isn't it?

    As someone else mentioned, it's gotta be related to Friday-the-13th...

    Now filtering out all posts originating from Google Groups.