12.1 Subscription DVD - Slackware

This is a discussion on 12.1 Subscription DVD - Slackware ; Have any of the European readers of this newsgroup had the DVD they buy by subscription yet? I realise that I should wait until tomorrow until I ask this, as having raised the same question previously, the disk arrived the ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: 12.1 Subscription DVD

  1. 12.1 Subscription DVD

    Have any of the European readers of this newsgroup had the DVD they buy
    by subscription yet? I realise that I should wait until tomorrow until
    I ask this, as having raised the same question previously, the disk
    arrived the next day!
    --
    Two Ravens
    "...hit the squirrel..."

  2. Re: 12.1 Subscription DVD

    On Sun, 8 Jun 2008, Two Ravens wrote:

    > Have any of the European readers of this newsgroup had the DVD they buy
    > by subscription yet? I realise that I should wait until tomorrow until
    > I ask this, as having raised the same question previously, the disk
    > arrived the next day!


    Are you sure you have that right?

    Maybe asking is what causes it to arrive the next day?

    Michael


  3. Re: 12.1 Subscription DVD

    On Sun, 08 Jun 2008 17:00:05 -0400, Michael Black wrote:

    > On Sun, 8 Jun 2008, Two Ravens wrote:
    >
    >> Have any of the European readers of this newsgroup had the DVD they buy
    >> by subscription yet? I realise that I should wait until tomorrow until I
    >> ask this, as having raised the same question previously, the disk
    >> arrived the next day!

    >
    > Are you sure you have that right?
    >
    > Maybe asking is what causes it to arrive the next day?
    >
    > Michael


    The same cause that makes it rain after you washed your car.
    P.S.
    Washing your car to make it rain does not work! :-)

  4. Re: 12.1 Subscription DVD

    On Sun, 08 Jun 2008 17:00:05 -0400, Michael Black wrote:

    > On Sun, 8 Jun 2008, Two Ravens wrote:
    >
    >> Have any of the European readers of this newsgroup had the DVD they buy
    >> by subscription yet? I realise that I should wait until tomorrow until
    >> I ask this, as having raised the same question previously, the disk
    >> arrived the next day!

    >
    > Are you sure you have that right?
    >
    > Maybe asking is what causes it to arrive the next day?
    >
    > Michael


    Actually it's condition is both "in the mail" and "not in the mail" until
    one asks. The act of asking forces it to be one or the other.


  5. Re: 12.1 Subscription DVD

    stinger wrote:

    > Actually it's condition is both "in the mail" and "not in the mail"
    > until one asks. *The act of asking forces it to be one or the other.


    Could this perhaps be described as Schrödinger's mail?
    --
    Two Ravens
    "...hit the squirrel..."

  6. Re: 12.1 Subscription DVD

    Two Ravens wrote:
    > stinger wrote:
    >
    >
    >>Actually it's condition is both "in the mail" and "not in the mail"
    >>until one asks. The act of asking forces it to be one or the other.

    >
    >
    > Could this perhaps be described as Schrödinger's mail?


    And I thought I was the only physicist in this group...

  7. Re: 12.1 Subscription DVD

    I received my DVD subscription on friday, june 6.

    Regards
    Terje - Oslo, Norway

  8. Re: 12.1 Subscription DVD

    On 2008-06-09, terje.uriansrud@gmail.com wrote:
    > I received my DVD subscription on friday, june 6.
    >
    > Regards
    > Terje - Oslo, Norway


    The postman came a day or so earlier in Australia with the DVD.

    Andrew - Blue Mountains, Australia.
    --
    http://www.andrews-corner.org

  9. Re: 12.1 Subscription DVD

    Chris Sorenson wrote:
    >> Could this perhaps be described as Schr?dinger's mail?

    >
    > And I thought I was the only physicist in this group...


    You must certainly are NOT (although I never worked as a physicist)!
    --
    ************************************************** ******************
    ** Eef Hartman, Delft University of Technology, dept. EWI/TW **
    ** e-mail: E.J.M.Hartman@math.tudelft.nl, fax: +31-15-278 7295 **
    ** snail-mail: P.O. Box 5031, 2600 GA Delft, The Netherlands **
    ************************************************** ******************

  10. Re: 12.1 Subscription DVD

    Two Ravens wrote:
    > Have any of the European readers of this newsgroup had the DVD they buy
    > by subscription yet? I realise that I should wait until tomorrow until
    > I ask this, as having raised the same question previously, the disk
    > arrived the next day!


    I don't have the DVD (but the CD box) subscription, and IT arrived
    last thursday, 5th of June, in my mailbox here in The Netherlands.
    --
    ************************************************** ******************
    ** Eef Hartman, Delft University of Technology, dept. EWI/TW **
    ** e-mail: E.J.M.Hartman@math.tudelft.nl, fax: +31-15-278 7295 **
    ** snail-mail: P.O. Box 5031, 2600 GA Delft, The Netherlands **
    ************************************************** ******************

  11. Re: 12.1 Subscription DVD

    On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 09:43:28 +0200, Eef Hartman wrote:

    > Chris Sorenson wrote:
    >>> Could this perhaps be described as Schr?dinger's mail?

    >>
    >> And I thought I was the only physicist in this group...

    >
    > You must certainly are NOT (although I never worked as a physicist)!


    Not by a long chalk. And that makes at least 4 now.

  12. Re: 12.1 Subscription DVD

    Mark Madsen wrote (Mon, 09 Jun 2008 09:52:24 +0200):

    > On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 09:43:28 +0200, Eef Hartman wrote:
    >
    >> Chris Sorenson wrote:
    >>>> Could this perhaps be described as Schr?dinger's mail?
    >>>
    >>> And I thought I was the only physicist in this group...

    >>
    >> You must certainly are NOT (although I never worked as a physicist)!

    >
    > Not by a long chalk. And that makes at least 4 now.


    five
    (and my CDs arrived Friday 6th)

    Good luck
    Franz



  13. Re: 12.1 Subscription DVD

    Two Ravens wrote:

    > Have any of the European readers of this newsgroup had the DVD they
    > buy by subscription yet? I realise that I should wait until tomorrow
    > until I ask this, as having raised the same question previously, the
    > disk arrived the next day!


    This indeed turned out to be a self fulfilling prophecy, as the DVD
    arrived in this morning's mail delivery!
    --
    Two Ravens
    "...hit the squirrel..."

  14. Re: 12.1 Subscription DVD

    On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 08:18:43 +0000, Franz Sauerzopf wrote:

    > Mark Madsen wrote (Mon, 09 Jun 2008 09:52:24 +0200):
    >
    >> On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 09:43:28 +0200, Eef Hartman wrote:
    >>
    >>> Chris Sorenson wrote:
    >>>>> Could this perhaps be described as Schr?dinger's mail?
    >>>>
    >>>> And I thought I was the only physicist in this group...
    >>>
    >>> You must certainly are NOT (although I never worked as a physicist)!

    >>
    >> Not by a long chalk. And that makes at least 4 now.

    >
    > five
    > (and my CDs arrived Friday 6th)


    Well, in the interests of full disclosure I should say that I am an ex-
    physicist. So maybe it's only four-and-a-half....

  15. Re: 12.1 Subscription DVD

    Chris Sorenson wrote:
    > Two Ravens wrote:
    >> stinger wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>Actually it's condition is both "in the mail" and "not in the mail"
    >>>until one asks. The act of asking forces it to be one or the other.

    >>
    >>
    >> Could this perhaps be described as Schrödinger's mail?

    >
    > And I thought I was the only physicist in this group...


    well, even though i'm a linguist, i still got the reference. ;-)


    --
    Joost Kremers joostkremers@yahoo.com
    Selbst in die Unterwelt dringt durch Spalten Licht
    EN:SiS(9)

  16. Re: 12.1 Subscription DVD

    Two Ravens wrote:
    >This indeed turned out to be a self fulfilling prophecy, as the DVD
    >arrived in this morning's mail delivery!


    Heh!

    Well, I'm not in Europe, but for the record, my US subscription DVD only
    arrived about a week ago. I guess it takes time for these things.

    -Beej


  17. Re: 12.1 Subscription DVD

    On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 00:24:17 -0500, Chris Sorenson wrote:

    > Two Ravens wrote:
    >> stinger wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>Actually it's condition is both "in the mail" and "not in the mail"
    >>>until one asks. The act of asking forces it to be one or the other.

    >>
    >>
    >> Could this perhaps be described as Schrödinger's mail?

    >
    > And I thought I was the only physicist in this group...


    you don't need to be a phycisist to understand that
    most people with a basic interest/understanding of science
    get the pun

  18. Re: 12.1 Subscription DVD

    On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 17:49:25 +0000, goarilla wrote:

    > On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 00:24:17 -0500, Chris Sorenson wrote:
    >
    >> Two Ravens wrote:
    >>> stinger wrote:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>>Actually it's condition is both "in the mail" and "not in the mail"
    >>>>until one asks. The act of asking forces it to be one or the other.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Could this perhaps be described as Schrödinger's mail?

    >>
    >> And I thought I was the only physicist in this group...

    >
    > you don't need to be a phycisist to understand that most people with a
    > basic interest/understanding of science get the pun


    right, and I was about to make a pun about it but the cat
    just ate it, at the very moment I was about to think about
    looking after this post you'll make, or did you?

    and that's a real shame as the pun was lame
    but I really did love this cat to morrow.

  19. Re: 12.1 Subscription DVD

    Joost Kremers wrote:

    > Chris Sorenson wrote:
    >> Two Ravens wrote:
    >>> stinger wrote:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>>Actually it's condition is both "in the mail" and "not in the mail"
    >>>>until one asks. The act of asking forces it to be one or the other.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Could this perhaps be described as Schrödinger's mail?

    >>
    >> And I thought I was the only physicist in this group...

    >
    > well, even though i'm a linguist, i still got the reference. ;-)
    >
    >




    anyone who appreciates elegance and simplicity of Slackware, would just
    appreciate simple elegance rules of nature (never mind indeterminate state
    of the mail/cat there) the same as a physicists would. So You might still
    be a Physicist even though you call yourself a linguist

    ..

    yes, I am also a Physicist with an interest in Linguistics.

+ Reply to Thread