printer drivers for HP deskject on Slackware kernel 2.2.26 - Slackware

This is a discussion on printer drivers for HP deskject on Slackware kernel 2.2.26 - Slackware ; I'm trying to install HP deskject printer drivers on slackware kernel 2.2.2 through parallel port /dev/par1 I currently have drivers for an HP deskjet 722C. But it doesnt seem to recognize the printer correctly. After installing CUPS, I get the ...

  1. printer drivers for HP deskject on Slackware kernel 2.2.26

    I'm trying to install HP deskject printer drivers on slackware kernel
    2.2.2 through parallel port
    /dev/par1

    I currently have drivers for an HP deskjet 722C. But it doesnt seem to
    recognize the printer correctly.

    After installing CUPS, I get the message,
    "Printer deskjet is idle"

    Please let me know if there is a list of supported printers from HP
    for slacware.

    best,
    Cartik

  2. Re: printer drivers for HP deskject on Slackware kernel 2.2.26

    cartik.sharma@gmail.com wrote:

    > I'm trying to install HP deskject printer drivers on slackware kernel
    > 2.2.2 through parallel port
    > /dev/par1
    >
    > I currently have drivers for an HP deskjet 722C. But it doesnt seem to
    > recognize the printer correctly.
    >
    > After installing CUPS, I get the message,
    > "Printer deskjet is idle"
    >
    > Please let me know if there is a list of supported printers from HP
    > for slacware.
    >
    > best,
    > Cartik

    PACKAGE NAME: hplip-2.8.4-i486-1
    COMPRESSED PACKAGE SIZE: 13556 K
    UNCOMPRESSED PACKAGE SIZE: 20770 K
    PACKAGE LOCATION: ./hplip-2.8.4-i486-1.tgz
    PACKAGE DESCRIPTION:
    hplip: hplip (HP print/scan/fax support)
    hplip:
    hplip: HPLIP is an HP developed solution for printing, scanning, and faxing
    hplip: with HP inkjet and laser based printers in Linux. The HPLIP project
    hplip: provides printing support for more than 1000 HP printer models,
    hplip: including Deskjet, Officejet, Photosmart, PSC (Print Scan Copy),
    hplip: Business Inkjet, LaserJet, and LaserJet MFP.
    hplip:
    hplip: For more information, see: http://hplip.sf.net

    --
    Old Man

    If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. -
    John Kenneth Galbraith

  3. Re: printer drivers for HP deskject on Slackware kernel 2.2.26

    Thanks, thats a nice collection of install libraries.

    That seems to want to find /lib/cups/. (Ignoring some warnings for
    network support).

    The things is this slackware machine is not on the network so it takes
    a bit to install
    dependencies.

    I did a build from source for CUPS and it seems to get to the point
    where it sends
    a job and says "Now Printing id..." and then wait.

    What am I missing?

    best regards,
    Cartik

    On Jun 5, 2:01 pm, "cartik.sha...@gmail.com"
    wrote:

    > I'm trying to install HP deskject printer drivers on slackware kernel
    > 2.2.2 through parallel port
    > /dev/par1
    >
    > I currently have drivers for an HP deskjet 722C. But it doesnt seem to
    > recognize the printer correctly.
    >
    > After installing CUPS, I get the message,
    > "Printer deskjet is idle"
    >
    > Please let me know if there is a list of supported printers from HP
    > for slacware.
    >
    > best,
    > Cartik

+ Reply to Thread