vga=extended 12.0 - Slackware

This is a discussion on vga=extended 12.0 - Slackware ; Would someone be good enough to tell me how to get 50 lines per screen on 12.0 on a console? I have vga=extended in my lilo.conf, but near the end of the bootup messages it reverts to 25 lines per ...

  1. vga=extended 12.0

    Would someone be good enough to tell me
    how to get 50 lines per screen on 12.0
    on a console?

    I have vga=extended in my lilo.conf, but
    near the end of the bootup messages it
    reverts to 25 lines per screen for reasons
    that completely evade me.

    Thanks for any help here.

    Tome

  2. Re: vga=extended 12.0 SOLVED

    Sidney Lambe wrote:

    > Would someone be good enough to tell me how to get 50 lines per
    > screen on 12.0 on a console?
    >
    > I have vga=extended in my lilo.conf, but near the end of the
    > bootup messages it reverts to 25 lines per screen for reasons
    > that completely evade me.
    >
    > Thanks for any help here.

    Found the solution!

    Just move the script rc.fonts from /etc/rc.d.

    Then reboot.

    I feel kind of silly. Never occured to me that
    it would be that simple. Spent hours on google.

    Hope this helps someone else.

    Tome

+ Reply to Thread