Multimedia command line - Slackware

This is a discussion on Multimedia command line - Slackware ; Does anyone know if the there are any programs that play video files from the command line. I've found mpg321 for audio but I want to play video. Thanks Rick...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 42

  1. Multimedia command line

    Does anyone know if the there are any programs that play video files from the command line. I've found mpg321 for audio but I want to play video.

    Thanks

    Rick

  2. Re: Multimedia command line

    On Tue, 03 Jun 2008 23:17:03 +0100, Rick wrote:

    > Does anyone know if the there are any programs that play video files
    > from the command line. I've found mpg321 for audio but I want to play
    > video.

    Bugger off, you html-posting ignorant Win-droid.

    Now filtering out all posts originating from Google Groups.

  3. Re: Multimedia command line

    On Tue, 3 Jun 2008, Rick wrote:

    > Does anyone know if the there are any programs that play video files from
    > the command line. I've found mpg321 for audio but I want to play video.

    mplayer (best), VLC (second best), Totem, Xine and a number of others, but
    there's nothing I can't play with mplayer or vlc.

    --
    Cheers
    Res

    I read usenet and lists in pine. But m$ outlook, thunderbird and gmail
    often use html span/whatever for quotes, makes it hard to tell who said
    what, so I dont try. If I ignore you, thats why! Use a compliant mailer.

  4. Re: Multimedia command line

    how about you **** off ya troll, if your not going to help the newbie, why
    generate noise, oh wait its daniel c, so i answered my own question all
    you ever do is generate noise, until you need help that is... and you
    wonder why several people with the right answers never replied to your
    recent threads *giggles* **** happens when you burn them bridges loser.

    On Tue, 3 Jun 2008, Dan C wrote:

    > On Tue, 03 Jun 2008 23:17:03 +0100, Rick wrote:
    >
    >> Does anyone know if the there are any programs that play video files
    >> from the command line. I've found mpg321 for audio but I want to play
    >> video.

    > Bugger off, you html-posting ignorant Win-droid.

    --
    Cheers
    Res

    I read usenet and lists in pine. But m$ outlook, thunderbird and gmail
    often use html span/whatever for quotes, makes it hard to tell who said
    what, so I dont try. If I ignore you, thats why! Use a compliant mailer.

  5. Re: Multimedia command line

    Res wrote:
    >mplayer (best)

    Seconded. When playing, I tend to hit "f" for fullscreen, and "T" to
    move to the top (over my fvwm window manager flair.)

    -Beej

  6. Re: Multimedia command line

    On Wed, 04 Jun 2008 08:58:28 +1000, Res wrote:

    > how about you **** off ya troll, if your not going to help the newbie, why
    > generate noise, oh wait its daniel c, so i answered my own question all

    Bugger off, you ignorant top-posting fool. You're as big a troll as the
    Win-droid OP, and you write like a 3rd-grader. Your parents should be
    ashamed of you.

    Now filtering out all posts originating from Google Groups.

  7. Re: Multimedia command line

    On Tue, 03 Jun 2008 23:17:03 +0100, Rick wrote:

    > Does anyone know if the there are any programs that play video files
    > from the command line. I've found mpg321 for audio but I want to play
    > video.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Rick

    Yes. Quite a few of them. What player do you use now? We can tell you
    how to start it with a command.

  8. Re: Multimedia command line

    I'll top post anywhere I want, u mofo loser troll

    --
    Cheers
    Res

    I read usenet and lists in pine. But m$ outlook, thunderbird and gmail
    often use html span/whatever for quotes, makes it hard to tell who said
    what, so I dont try. If I ignore you, thats why! Use a compliant mailer.

  9. Re: Multimedia command line

    On Wed, 04 Jun 2008 11:56:10 +1000, Res wrote:

    >> Bugger off, you ignorant top-posting fool. You're as big a troll as the
    >> Win-droid OP, and you write like a 3rd-grader. Your parents should be
    >> ashamed of you.

    > I'll top post anywhere I want, u mofo loser troll

    Yup, you can. You will also be treated like a top-posting ignorant stooge
    by clueful Usenet users. Go for it, dimwit.

    Now filtering out all posts originating from Google Groups.

  10. Re: Multimedia command line

    Beej Jorgensen wrote:

    > Seconded. When playing, I tend to hit "f" for fullscreen, and "T" to
    > move to the top (over my fvwm window manager flair.)

    I've been using mplayer for years - works great when you download all the
    extra codecs.

    The only problem is I can't seem to compile it for SW12.1. Never had
    any issues in the past - would compile just fine with a fresh SW install.
    I'll probably try and look into it this weekend, and maybe just give up and
    install the package from Linuxpackages.net if all else fails.

    - Kurt

  11. Re: Multimedia command line

    lol keep trying you pathetic lamer, as usual you enver have anything worth
    while to contribute you just like to here yourself but in our case, we
    cant so you just like to see the tripe your dribble, no wonder your in so
    many ppls kill files, but alas never fear for I is here and as i have time
    on my hands i lovew to go fishing with lil dweebs like you as bait.

    On Tue, 3 Jun 2008, Dan C wrote:

    > On Wed, 04 Jun 2008 11:56:10 +1000, Res wrote:
    >

    >>> Bugger off, you ignorant top-posting fool. You're as big a troll as the
    >>> Win-droid OP, and you write like a 3rd-grader. Your parents should be
    >>> ashamed of you.

    >> I'll top post anywhere I want, u mofo loser troll

    > Yup, you can. You will also be treated like a top-posting ignorant stooge
    > by clueful Usenet users. Go for it, dimwit.

    --
    Cheers
    Res

    I read usenet and lists in pine. But m$ outlook, thunderbird and gmail
    often use html span/whatever for quotes, makes it hard to tell who said
    what, so I dont try. If I ignore you, thats why! Use a compliant mailer.

  12. Re: Multimedia command line

    On Tue, 3 Jun 2008, ~kurt wrote:

    > The only problem is I can't seem to compile it for SW12.1. Never had
    > any issues in the past - would compile just fine with a fresh SW install.

    This is interesting, can you paste the output of where it fails, though
    preferably do that on the mplayer list so we can take a closer look at
    it, also please include what you issue to configure.

    --
    Cheers
    Res

    I read usenet and lists in pine. But m$ outlook, thunderbird and gmail
    often use html span/whatever for quotes, makes it hard to tell who said
    what, so I dont try. If I ignore you, thats why! Use a compliant mailer.

  13. Re: Multimedia command line

    Res wrote:
    > On Tue, 3 Jun 2008, ~kurt wrote:
    >
    >> The only problem is I can't seem to compile it for SW12.1. Never had
    >> any issues in the past - would compile just fine with a fresh SW install.

    > This is interesting, can you paste the output of where it fails, though
    > preferably do that on the mplayer list so we can take a closer look at
    > it, also please include what you issue to configure.

    I had no problems compiling MPlayer on Slackware 12.1
    See http://www.slackware.com/~alien/slackbuilds/MPlayer/ for the
    SlackBuild and a 12.1 package.

    Eric

  14. Re: Multimedia command line

    On Wed, 04 Jun 2008 13:20:55 +1000, Res wrote:

    > lol keep trying you pathetic lamer, as usual you enver have anything worth
    > while to contribute you just like to here yourself but in our case, we
    > cant so you just like to see the tripe your dribble, no wonder your in so
    > many ppls kill files, but alas never fear for I is here and as i have time
    > on my hands i lovew to go fishing with lil dweebs like you as bait.

    The defense rests.

    Now filtering out all posts originating from Google Groups.

  15. Re: Multimedia command line

    On Tue, 03 Jun 2008 22:11:34 -0500, ~kurt wrote:

    > I've been using mplayer for years - works great when you download all the
    > extra codecs.
    >
    > The only problem is I can't seem to compile it for SW12.1. Never had
    > any issues in the past - would compile just fine with a fresh SW install.
    > I'll probably try and look into it this weekend, and maybe just give up and
    > install the package from Linuxpackages.net if all else fails.

    I haven't had any problems compiling the version from slackbuilds.org, on
    12.1.

    Now filtering out all posts originating from Google Groups.

  16. Re: Multimedia command line

    Dan C wrote:

    > On Tue, 03 Jun 2008 22:11:34 -0500, ~kurt wrote:

    >> The only problem is I can't seem to compile it for SW12.1. Never had
    >> any issues in the past - would compile just fine with a fresh SW install.
    >> I'll probably try and look into it this weekend, and maybe just give up
    >> and install the package from Linuxpackages.net if all else fails.

    > I haven't had any problems compiling the version from slackbuilds.org, on
    > 12.1.

    Worked just fine for me, too. The slackbuilds stuff does include several
    patches to mplayer, including one "Patch to account for linux-2.6.24.x
    including ivtv, but MPlayer won't build against it." This may be the OP's
    problem, and the SlackBuild script is yet another reason to thank Robby
    Workman.

    --
    Old Man

    If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. -
    John Kenneth Galbraith

  17. Re: Multimedia command line

    Old Man wrote:

    > This may be the OP's problem

    Meaning ~kurt's, not Rick's.

    --
    Old Man

    If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. -
    John Kenneth Galbraith

  18. Re: Multimedia command line

    *yawn* troll

    --
    Cheers
    Res

    I read usenet and lists in pine. But m$ outlook, thunderbird and gmail
    often use html span/whatever for quotes, makes it hard to tell who said
    what, so I dont try. If I ignore you, thats why! Use a compliant mailer.

  19. Re: Multimedia command line

    On Wed, 4 Jun 2008, Eric Hameleers wrote:

    > Res wrote:
    >> On Tue, 3 Jun 2008, ~kurt wrote:
    >>
    >>> The only problem is I can't seem to compile it for SW12.1. Never had
    >>> any issues in the past - would compile just fine with a fresh SW install.

    >> This is interesting, can you paste the output of where it fails, though
    >> preferably do that on the mplayer list so we can take a closer look at it,
    >> also please include what you issue to configure.

    > I had no problems compiling MPlayer on Slackware 12.1
    > See http://www.slackware.com/~alien/slackbuilds/MPlayer/ for the SlackBuild
    > and a 12.1 package.

    cool

    --
    Cheers
    Res

    I read usenet and lists in pine. But m$ outlook, thunderbird and gmail
    often use html span/whatever for quotes, makes it hard to tell who said
    what, so I dont try. If I ignore you, thats why! Use a compliant mailer.

  20. Re: Multimedia command line

    Res wrote:
    > On Tue, 3 Jun 2008, ~kurt wrote:
    >
    >> The only problem is I can't seem to compile it for SW12.1. Never had
    >> any issues in the past - would compile just fine with a fresh SW install.

    > This is interesting, can you paste the output of where it fails, though
    > preferably do that on the mplayer list so we can take a closer look at
    > it, also please include what you issue to configure.

    I didn't use any config options - just did as I always have:

    ../configure
    make

    Like I said, I haven't bothered to figure out what the problem is - here is
    the output where make fails:

    cc -I../libavcodec -I../libavformat -Wdisabled-optimization -Wno-pointer-sign -W declaration-after-statement -I. -I.. -I../libavutil -Wall -Wno-switch -Wpointer- arith -Wredundant-decls -O4 -march=native -mtune=native -pipe -ffast-math -fomit -frame-pointer -D_REENTRANT -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEF ILE64_SOURCE -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I/usr/X11/include -I/usr/include/ -I/usr/include/ SDL -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/include/artsc -pthread -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/l ib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include -c -o vo_ivtv.o vo_ivtv.c
    vo_ivtv.c: In function 'ivtv_reset':
    vo_ivtv.c:79: error: storage size of 'sd' isn't known
    vo_ivtv.c:80: error: storage size of 'sd1' isn't known
    vo_ivtv.c:84: error: 'IVTV_STOP_FL_HIDE_FRAME' undeclared (first use in this fun ction)
    vo_ivtv.c:84: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
    vo_ivtv.c:84: error: for each function it appears in.)
    vo_ivtv.c:87: error: 'IVTV_IOC_STOP_DECODE' undeclared (first use in this functi on)
    vo_ivtv.c:97: error: 'IVTV_IOC_START_DECODE' undeclared (first use in this funct ion)
    vo_ivtv.c:80: warning: unused variable 'sd1'
    vo_ivtv.c:79: warning: unused variable 'sd'
    make[1]: *** [vo_ivtv.o] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/MPlayer-1.0rc2/libvo'
    make: *** [libvo/libvo.a] Error 2

    I'm going to look into this slackbuild thing....

    - Kurt

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast