lm_sensors.init not found - Slackware

This is a discussion on lm_sensors.init not found - Slackware ; Hi, I ran sensors-detect which told me: "Copy prog/init/lm_sensors.init to /etc/init.d/lm_sensors for initialization at boot time." But where is this file (find not finds it)?...

  1. lm_sensors.init not found

    Hi, I ran sensors-detect which told me:

    "Copy prog/init/lm_sensors.init to /etc/init.d/lm_sensors
    for initialization at boot time."

    But where is this file (find not finds it)?

  2. Re: lm_sensors.init not found

    Hallo, ciol,

    Du meintest am 01.06.08:

    > Hi, I ran sensors-detect which told me:

    > "Copy prog/init/lm_sensors.init to /etc/init.d/lm_sensors
    > for initialization at boot time."

    The directory "prog" (which ist mentioned in README.directories and doc/
    progs) is not included in the "lm_sensors" package for slackware.

    Viele Gruesse
    Helmut

  3. Re: lm_sensors.init not found

    On Jun 1, 3:36 pm, hel...@hullen.de (Helmut Hullen) wrote:
    > > Hi, I ran sensors-detect which told me:
    > > "Copy prog/init/lm_sensors.init to /etc/init.d/lm_sensors
    > > for initialization at boot time."

    > The directory "prog" (which ist mentioned in README.directories and doc/
    > progs) is not included in the "lm_sensors" package for slackware.

    Ok. Do you think 'modprobe module_name' in /etc/rc.d/rc.local is
    enough?

  4. Re: lm_sensors.init not found

    On Sun, 1 Jun 2008 14:01:04 -0700 (PDT), ciol wrote:

    >On Jun 1, 3:36 pm, hel...@hullen.de (Helmut Hullen) wrote:
    >> > Hi, I ran sensors-detect which told me:
    >> > "Copy prog/init/lm_sensors.init to /etc/init.d/lm_sensors
    >> > for initialization at boot time."

    >> The directory "prog" (which ist mentioned in README.directories and doc/
    >> progs) is not included in the "lm_sensors" package for slackware.

    >Ok. Do you think 'modprobe module_name' in /etc/rc.d/rc.local is
    >enough?

    You need to load the appropriate driver modules as well, run
    sensors-detect as root to discover what these are.

    Grant.
    --
    http://bugsplatter.mine.nu/

+ Reply to Thread