Re: HOW2 chroot 'back to original' ? - Slackware

This is a discussion on Re: HOW2 chroot 'back to original' ? - Slackware ; On Wed, 28 May 2008 00:04:18 -0500, problems@gmail wrote: > >Instead of just discard-and-install-new where you > >loose all your fine-tuned settings; I prefer to access > >applications which are familiar to me, that are on > >old installations' partitions. ...

  1. Re: HOW2 chroot 'back to original' ?

    Scott McMillan wrote:-
    > Simply exit from the chrooted environment:
    >
    > chroot /mnt; ; exit
    >
    > Scott McMillan

    OK, good, thanks !
    I ran the 'exit' command manually, because
    is interactive.

    The forking of linux processes is still mysterious to me.

    == Chris Glur.

  2. Re: HOW2 chroot 'back to original' ?

    problems@gmail wrote:
    > On Wed, 28 May 2008 00:04:18 -0500, problems@gmail wrote:
    >>> Instead of just discard-and-install-new where you
    >>> loose all your fine-tuned settings; I prefer to access
    >>> applications which are familiar to me, that are on
    >>> old installations' partitions.

    >>> So I do: chroot /mnt

    >>> This is OK, except after running the app. the rdev
    >>> shows that 'this' VT has the chroot root.

    >>> I want it to return to the original 'root', after the
    >>> app. is run.

    >>> I can't directly use the chroot command, because
    >>> 'df' in the new-root shows that were I want to return
    >>> to is obviously unmounted. And to mount it, would
    >>> start to be absurd.

    >>> Please advize.

    >>> == Chris Glur.

    > Scott McMillan wrote:-
    >> Simply exit from the chrooted environment:
    >>
    >> chroot /mnt; ; exit

    There it goes, a ; too much ^
    Resulting in chroot starting you a shell, which then starts and
    needs an exit to terminate.

    Bye, Jojo

  3. Re: HOW2 chroot 'back to original' ?

    On Fri, 30 May 2008 11:53:37 +0200, "Joachim Schmitz"
    wrote:

    >problems@gmail wrote:

    >> Scott McMillan wrote:-
    >>> Simply exit from the chrooted environment:
    >>>
    >>> chroot /mnt; ; exit

    >There it goes, a ; too much ^
    >Resulting in chroot starting you a shell, which then starts and
    >needs an exit to terminate.
    >

    >Bye, Jojo

    Sorry, a bad choice for a separator. I didn't intend the above to be
    used literally, just to show the logic flow.

    Scott McMillan

+ Reply to Thread