Need help iwl3945 and slackware 12.1 - Slackware

This is a discussion on Need help iwl3945 and slackware 12.1 - Slackware ; I just install slackware 12.1 my network is intel3945 before I use ipw3945 (install firmware and ipw3945d>rc.local but for slackware 12.1 which changed to iwl3945 I was try modprobe iwl3945 modprobe iee80211 I saw wlan0 but my problem is I ...

  1. Need help iwl3945 and slackware 12.1

    I just install slackware 12.1 my network is intel3945
    before I use ipw3945 (install firmware and ipw3945d>rc.local
    but for slackware 12.1 which changed to iwl3945
    I was try
    modprobe iwl3945
    modprobe iee80211

    I saw wlan0
    but my problem is
    I can't get IP from router
    I had changed rc.inet1.conf (unmark) for use dhcp to yes

    Did I lost step somewhere?
    Why I have no IP address assigned from dchp server (router)
    *I don't want to change back to ipw3945

    Thanks your you help

  2. Re: Need help iwl3945 and slackware 12.1

    yanyong.kunok@gmail.com typed on 2008-05-27:
    > I just install slackware 12.1 my network is intel3945
    > before I use ipw3945 (install firmware and ipw3945d>rc.local
    > but for slackware 12.1 which changed to iwl3945
    > I was try
    > modprobe iwl3945
    > modprobe iee80211

    It uses mac80211, not iee80211

    > I saw wlan0

    where?

    > but my problem is
    > I can't get IP from router
    > I had changed rc.inet1.conf (unmark) for use dhcp to yes
    >
    > Did I lost step somewhere?
    > Why I have no IP address assigned from dchp server (router)
    > *I don't want to change back to ipw3945

    I seemed to have the problem that it wouln't get an ip if the interface
    was down. The easiest way to fix this is to set a DHCP_TIMEOUT for the
    interface in rc.inet1.conf. The other is to comment out line 120 in
    rc.inet1.

    Note that using 2.6.24.5 I had the strange problem of only being able
    to connect to secured wireless networks, an upgrade to 2.6.25.4 solved
    that.

    --
    Bartosz Oudekerk
    I think a better name for PAM might be SCAM, for Swiss Cheese Authentication

  3. Re: Need help iwl3945 and slackware 12.1

    Thanks,
    I just install again bu this time just change rc.inet1.conf by
    uncomment

    IFNAME[4]="wlan0"
    USE_DHCP[4]="yes"

    and it is work without modprobe
    and I think I got modprobe the wrong one (modprobe ieee80211)

    > It uses mac80211, not iee80211

    Thanks for you hint.

    On May 27, 3:23 pm, Bartosz Oudekerk
    wrote:
    > yanyong.ku...@gmail.com typed on 2008-05-27:
    >
    > > I just install slackware 12.1 my network is intel3945
    > > before I use ipw3945 (install firmware and ipw3945d>rc.local
    > > but for slackware 12.1 which changed to iwl3945
    > > I was try
    > > modprobe iwl3945
    > > modprobe iee80211

    > It uses mac80211, not iee80211
    >
    > > I saw wlan0

    > where?
    >
    > > but my problem is
    > > I can't get IP from router
    > > I had changed rc.inet1.conf (unmark) for use dhcp to yes

    > > Did I lost step somewhere?
    > > Why I have no IP address assigned from dchp server (router)
    > > *I don't want to change back to ipw3945

    > I seemed to have the problem that it wouln't get an ip if the interface
    > was down. The easiest way to fix this is to set a DHCP_TIMEOUT for the
    > interface in rc.inet1.conf. The other is to comment out line 120 in
    > rc.inet1.
    >
    > Note that using 2.6.24.5 I had the strange problem of only being able
    > to connect to secured wireless networks, an upgrade to 2.6.25.4 solved
    > that.
    >
    > --
    > Bartosz Oudekerk
    > I think a better name for PAM might be SCAM, for Swiss Cheese Authentication
    > Modules, and have never felt that the small amount of convenience it provides
    > is worth the great loss of system security. -- Patrick Volkerding

+ Reply to Thread