problem with firefox, thunderbird and seamonkey - Slackware

This is a discussion on problem with firefox, thunderbird and seamonkey - Slackware ; I have updated the two packages firefox, thunderbird, and seamonkey, and now they are not working anymore. On every page in firefox I get the message : server not found In the preferences for network settings I have "direct connexion ...

  1. problem with firefox, thunderbird and seamonkey

    I have updated the two packages firefox, thunderbird, and seamonkey, and
    now they are not working anymore.
    On every page in firefox I get the message : server not found
    In the preferences for network settings I have "direct connexion to the
    internet"
    But konqueror, links, opera, swiftweasel work very well
    Can anyone help me ?
    Thanks

  2. Re: problem with firefox, thunderbird and seamonkey

    wcth wrote:
    > I have updated the two packages firefox, thunderbird, and seamonkey,
    > and now they are not working anymore.
    > On every page in firefox I get the message : server not found
    > In the preferences for network settings I have "direct connexion to
    > the internet"
    > But konqueror, links, opera, swiftweasel work very well
    > Can anyone help me ?
    > Thanks

    I have solved the problems with these 3 (not 2) packages :
    go in about:config and make network.dns.disableIPv6 TRUE

+ Reply to Thread