http://www.linuxreality.com/

Linux Reality Podcast Complete Archive DVD Closed Published March 29th,
2008 in Site News

Now available: a complete archive DVD containing all 100 episodes. This
DVD, approximately 3GB, includes both the MP3 and the Ogg Vorbis audio
files, documents containing all of the show notes for each episodes, plus
lots and lots of “extras.” This complete archive DVD is available for
US$30 including shipping anywhere in the world.

Alternatively, a single CD (Volume 5 of the CDs) containing episodes
85-100 is also available. As with the DVD, the CD includes both the MP3
and the Ogg Vorbis audio files, plus the show notes and extras for
episodes 85-100. This Volume 5 CD is available for US$10.00 including
shipping.

Please send an email to linuxreality@gmail.com and let me know if you
would like to order any of the CD’s or the complete archive DVD. I will
send you a Paypal invoice and ship the CDs or DVD within a day or two
after receiving payment.

Thank you!
Episode 100 - The Final Episode
Closed Published March 26th, 2008 in Podcast, mp3 and ogg

In this, the last Linux Reality episode: I bring back some old audio
clips, fire up one last listener tip, play a bunch of audio comments, and
then take a few minutes to say thanks. I mentioned the reasons for ending
the show in Episode 96 but now I would like to say thank you, everybody,
for a great ride. It’s been a great two years. This site, the podcast
feed and files, the forums, and the IRC channel will remain up and active
for the forseeable future, and I’ll still be around. In the meantime,
keep on hackin’.

Please feel free to discuss this episode in the Linux Reality forums.

Running time: 27:55
Download MP3: linuxreality100.mp3 (12.8 MB) Download Ogg Vorbis:
linuxreality100.ogg (12.1 MB) Episode 99 - Slackware Revisited
Closed Published March 19th, 2008 in Podcast, mp3 and ogg

In this episode: I take a few minutes to revisit The Slackware Linux
Project, and discuss some of the great resources available to Slackware
users, such as the LinuxQuestions.org Slackware official support forum,
Slackwiki.org, Slackbook.org, and Slackbasics.org. I also talk about
Slackware package management, how to use SlackBuild scripts such as those
from SlackBuilds.org, and some of the new features that will appear in the
next release.

Please feel free to discuss this episode in the Linux Reality forums.

Running time: 29:24
Download MP3: linuxreality099.mp3 (13.5 MB) Download Ogg Vorbis:
linuxreality099.ogg (12.9 MB) Episode 98 - Super Basic Shell Scripting
Closed Published March 12th, 2008 in Podcast, mp3 and ogg

In this episode: a generalized discussion of shell scripts with some basic
examples of how they can be useful. Here are some additional resources:
online slide presentation; Shell Scripting Tutorial; Quick Guide to
Writing Scripts; UNIX Shell Scripting.

Please feel free to discuss this episode in the Linux Reality forums.

Running time: 33:58
Download MP3: linuxreality098.mp3 (15.6 MB) Download Ogg Vorbis:
linuxreality098.ogg (15.0 MB)

etc

© Copyright for the Digital Millennium