Slack 11: no eth0 or wlan0 - Slackware

This is a discussion on Slack 11: no eth0 or wlan0 - Slackware ; Hi, I just installed Slack 11 and though lspci -v shows both wired nic and wireless nic, I can't see them in dmesg and ifconfig -a doesn't show them either. Only have lo. Netconfig works, but without any result. Any ...

  1. Slack 11: no eth0 or wlan0

    Hi,

    I just installed Slack 11 and though lspci -v shows both wired nic and
    wireless nic, I can't see them in dmesg and ifconfig -a doesn't show
    them either. Only have lo. Netconfig works, but without any result. Any
    clues (as what package to check for to be installed)?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Slack 11: no eth0 or wlan0

    On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 13:54:41 +0200, Huub wrote:

    > I just installed Slack 11 and though lspci -v shows both wired nic and
    > wireless nic, I can't see them in dmesg and ifconfig -a doesn't show
    > them either. Only have lo. Netconfig works, but without any result. Any
    > clues (as what package to check for to be installed)?

    Use Slack 12 instead.

  3. Re: Slack 11: no eth0 or wlan0

    On Apr 30, 7:54 pm, Huub <"v.niekerk at hccnet.nl"> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I just installed Slack 11 and though lspci -v shows both wired nic and
    > wireless nic, I can't see them in dmesg and ifconfig -a doesn't show
    > them either. Only have lo. Netconfig works, but without any result. Any
    > clues (as what package to check for to be installed)?
    >
    > Thanks.

    There is no module to support your hardware,I think.
    Two choices:
    first is building a new kernel yourself;
    another is using the lastest version.
    good luck!

  4. Re: Slack 11: no eth0 or wlan0

    On Apr 30, 7:54 pm, Huub <"v.niekerk at hccnet.nl"> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I just installed Slack 11 and though lspci -v shows both wired nic and
    > wireless nic, I can't see them in dmesg and ifconfig -a doesn't show
    > them either. Only have lo. Netconfig works, but without any result. Any
    > clues (as what package to check for to be installed)?
    >
    > Thanks.

    build a new kernel yourself !

  5. Re: Slack 11: no eth0 or wlan0

    On 2008-04-30, Huub <"v.niekerk at hccnet.nl"> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I just installed Slack 11 and though lspci -v shows both wired nic and
    > wireless nic, I can't see them in dmesg and ifconfig -a doesn't show
    > them either. Only have lo. Netconfig works, but without any result. Any
    > clues (as what package to check for to be installed)?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Huub,

    It would be nice if you could tell us what hard ware chipset it is
    that you are having issues with.

    -Matt

  6. Re: Slack 11: no eth0 or wlan0

    Huub wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I just installed Slack 11 and though lspci -v shows both wired nic and
    > wireless nic, I can't see them in dmesg and ifconfig -a doesn't show
    > them either. Only have lo. Netconfig works, but without any result. Any
    > clues (as what package to check for to be installed)?
    >
    > Thanks.

    /sbin/ifconfig eth0 up ?

  7. Re: Slack 11: no eth0 or wlan0

    Huub <"v.niekerk at hccnet.nl"> il 13:54, mercoledý 30 aprile 2008 ha
    scritto:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I just installed Slack 11 and though lspci -v shows both wired nic and
    > wireless nic, I can't see them in dmesg and ifconfig -a doesn't show
    > them either. Only have lo. Netconfig works, but without any result. Any
    > clues (as what package to check for to be installed)?
    >
    > Thanks.

    1) Became root
    2) go to "/etc/rc.d"
    3) modify rc.inet1.conf correctly