[semi-OT] Seachange... - Slackware

This is a discussion on [semi-OT] Seachange... - Slackware ; Sylvain Robitaille wrote: > My understanding (in the past) was that > Nvidia adapters required that you use the included Windows driver, > loaded via ndiswrapper. I've been using Nvidia cards for at least 8 years and never had to ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 22 of 22

  1. Re: [semi-OT] Seachange...

    Sylvain Robitaille wrote:

    > My understanding (in the past) was that
    > Nvidia adapters required that you use the included Windows driver,
    > loaded via ndiswrapper.

    I've been using Nvidia cards for at least 8 years and never had to do this.
    The nv driver included in X has always worked very well (but does not
    support hardware rendering), and Nvidia has been making native linux
    drivers available for years.

    --
    Old Man

  2. Re: [semi-OT] Seachange...

    Old Man wrote:

    >> My understanding (in the past) was that Nvidia adapters required that
    >> you use the included Windows driver, loaded via ndiswrapper.

    > I've been using Nvidia cards for at least 8 years and never had to do
    > this. The nv driver included in X has always worked very well (but
    > does not support hardware rendering), and Nvidia has been making
    > native linux drivers available for years.

    Ok, I either was misinformed, or misunderstood the information I had.
    My own experience with ATI has been quite similar, though perhaps not
    for quite as many years (I don't recall what graphics controllers I was
    using 8 years ago, or how long ago I got my first ATI Radeon controller,
    but it's been years).

    Network and Systems analyst Concordia University

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2