mplayer/xine give blue screen output - Slackware

This is a discussion on mplayer/xine give blue screen output - Slackware ; Hi Guys, I have a Dell Inspiron 510M laptop thats running Slackware 12. Kernel 2.6.24.4. I think this is an Xorg issue rather than a bug with mplayer/xine. The problem is I get a blue screen as output when I ...

  1. mplayer/xine give blue screen output

    Hi Guys,

    I have a Dell Inspiron 510M laptop thats running Slackware 12. Kernel
    2.6.24.4.

    I think this is an Xorg issue rather than a bug with mplayer/xine. The
    problem is I get a blue screen as output when I use either of these 2
    players to play a movie. Now here's the odd part, if I connect a monitor
    to the svga out at the back of the laptop, the output is perfect. The
    output on the laptop LCD will be blue (whether the movie is windowed or
    fullscreened) but monitor's image is perfect??!?!?

    This seems to be an issue with the xv driver or X itself? With mplayer
    if I add the -vo x11 flag, I get no problems. The default is to use the
    xv driver which causes the issue.

    I tried googling but it didn't really lead me any closer, I read
    possibly about xv is writing data to a wrong pipe? Does this ring bells
    with anyone? I have previously used OpenSolaris and FreeBSD on this
    laptop and never had this problem under either of them. I am pretty sure
    its an X/xv related issue but don't know where to start looking.

    Alex

  2. Re: mplayer/xine give blue screen output

    On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 04:09:22 +1100, Al wrote:

    > This seems to be an issue with the xv driver or X itself? With mplayer
    > if I add the -vo x11 flag, I get no problems. The default is to use the
    > xv driver which causes the issue.

    Create the file ~/.mplayer/config, contents whatever you like. Mine is

    # Write your default config options here!

    vo=gl2
    ao=oss

    If you're invoking gmplayer then you need ~/mplayer/gui.conf with entries
    such as above.

    You should have default config files in /etc/mplayer.

+ Reply to Thread