Firefox: scrolling down selects back - Slackware

This is a discussion on Firefox: scrolling down selects back - Slackware ; I'm using Firefox on a new install of Slackware 12.0. Scrolling down works, but if I scroll down for a bit too long, it does a "back" (i.e. equivalent of selecting the back button). What's the deal here?...

  1. Firefox: scrolling down selects back

    I'm using Firefox on a new install of Slackware 12.0. Scrolling down
    works, but if I scroll down for a bit too long, it does a "back" (i.e.
    equivalent of selecting the back button). What's the deal here?

  2. Re: Firefox: scrolling down selects back

    Mark Carter wrote:
    > I'm using Firefox on a new install of Slackware 12.0. Scrolling down
    > works, but if I scroll down for a bit too long, it does a "back" (i.e.
    > equivalent of selecting the back button). What's the deal here?

    The solution to this was provided by our beloved rm back in October. All
    hail rm!

    QUOTE

    A while ago we complained that firefox jumped back a page when we
    used the wheel. We have found the solution to the problem and we
    post it here, not for any of you clowns, but for posterity.

    By default, in xorg.conf, in slack 12, will be setup a three button
    wheel mouse with the following option:

    Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5 6 7"

    But for a 3 button, wheel mouse, where the wheel is the middle
    button, this is too many parameters. Such an option is for a 5
    wheel mouse. For a three button, wheel mouse, this Option should
    read:

    Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"

    And this will cure the page jumping.

    ENDQUOTE