[OT] funny bit on Linux - Slackware

This is a discussion on [OT] funny bit on Linux - Slackware ; You *must* look at this hilarious bit about running Linux, if you haven't seen it yet. "I'm Steve, and I'm a Super Villian." http://fun.drno.de/flash/SwitchLinux.swf -- Theodore (Ted) Heise Bloomington, IN, USA...

  1. [OT] funny bit on Linux

    --
    Theodore (Ted) Heise Bloomington, IN, USA

  2. Re: [OT] funny bit on Linux

    On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 09:30:06 -0400, Theodore Heise wrote:

    > You *must* look at this hilarious bit about running Linux, if you
    > haven't seen it yet. "I'm Steve, and I'm a Super Villian."
    >
    > http://fun.drno.de/flash/SwitchLinux.swf

    Simplest way to make certain I don't look at it - tell me I must.

  3. Re: [OT] funny bit on Linux

    On 22 Mar 2008 15:09:23 GMT, ray wrote:
    > On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 09:30:06 -0400, Theodore Heise wrote:
    >
    >> You *must* look at this hilarious bit about running Linux, if you
    >> haven't seen it yet. "I'm Steve, and I'm a Super Villian."
    >>
    >> http://fun.drno.de/flash/SwitchLinux.swf

    > Simplest way to make certain I don't look at it - tell me I must.

    You *must* followup on any [OT] post - feel the power. :-)

    --
    Ken P

  4. Re: [OT] funny bit on Linux

    On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 15:17:58 +0000, Ken P wrote:

    > On 22 Mar 2008 15:09:23 GMT, ray wrote:
    >> On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 09:30:06 -0400, Theodore Heise wrote:
    >>
    >>> You *must* look at this hilarious bit about running Linux, if you
    >>> haven't seen it yet. "I'm Steve, and I'm a Super Villian."
    >>>
    >>> http://fun.drno.de/flash/SwitchLinux.swf

    >> Simplest way to make certain I don't look at it - tell me I must.

    > You *must* followup on any [OT] post - feel the power. :-)

    Heyaaaah! I'v got that pinky zap-gun from the bimoz! Atari rulez!
    Puwah Puwah!

  5. Re: [OT] funny bit on Linux

    Theodore Heise wrote:

    > You *must* look at this hilarious bit about running Linux, if you
    > haven't seen it yet. "I'm Steve, and I'm a Super Villian."
    >
    > http://fun.drno.de/flash/SwitchLinux.swf

    "Genetically engineered cyber-goats." Slow roasted. Tasty.

    --
    Old Man

    Playing with the ODE will make you go blind.

  6. Re: [OT] funny bit on Linux

    Theodore Heise wrote:

    > You *must* look at this hilarious bit about running Linux, if you
    > haven't seen it yet. "I'm Steve, and I'm a Super Villian."
    >
    > http://fun.drno.de/flash/SwitchLinux.swf

    OMG. Did I just download 1/2 a gig for that lame video? Took forever to
    load, not worth it.

  7. Re: [OT] funny bit on Linux

    Miguel De Anda :
    > Theodore Heise wrote:
    >

    >> You *must* look at this hilarious bit about running Linux, if you
    >> haven't seen it yet. "I'm Steve, and I'm a Super Villian."
    >>
    >> http://fun.drno.de/flash/SwitchLinux.swf
    >>

    > OMG. Did I just download 1/2 a gig for that lame video? Took forever to
    > load, not worth it.

    You might want to look at increasing your bandwidth. The first time I
    saw that video back in '03 it downloaded pretty quick. That was on a
    high end connection. Nowadays it comes down at least as fast on a goo
    home connection.

    --
    A nymph hits you and steals your virginity.

    www.websterscafe.com

  8. Re: [OT] funny bit on Linux

    Handover Phist wrote:

    > Miguel De Anda :
    >> Theodore Heise wrote:
    >>

    >>> You *must* look at this hilarious bit about running Linux, if you
    >>> haven't seen it yet. "I'm Steve, and I'm a Super Villian."
    >>>
    >>> http://fun.drno.de/flash/SwitchLinux.swf
    >>>

    >> OMG. Did I just download 1/2 a gig for that lame video? Took forever to
    >> load, not worth it.

    > You might want to look at increasing your bandwidth. The first time I
    > saw that video back in '03 it downloaded pretty quick. That was on a
    > high end connection. Nowadays it comes down at least as fast on a goo
    > home connection.

    My connection is usually pretty good, I get 5Mbps down. However Time
    Warner's DNS servers are pretty screwy at times but it wasn't that. Maybe
    lots of people were dl'ing that video at that time.

  9. Re: [OT] funny bit on Linux

    On Thu, 27 Mar 2008, Miguel De Anda wrote:

    > My connection is usually pretty good, I get 5Mbps down. However Time
    > Warner's DNS servers are pretty screwy at times but it wasn't that. Maybe
    > lots of people were dl'ing that video at that time.

    downloaded so fast here I actually got it twice coz I didnt think it
    worked properly the first time, so nothing wrong with its speed

    --
    Cheers
    Res