[OT] FAQ Mod Quotes -- (updated: Sweetmorn, the 67th day of Bureaucracy in the YOLD 3171) - Slackware

This is a discussion on [OT] FAQ Mod Quotes -- (updated: Sweetmorn, the 67th day of Bureaucracy in the YOLD 3171) - Slackware ; FAQ Mod Quotes -- (updated: Sweetmorn, the 67th day of Bureaucracy in the YOLD 3171) Sample Mod Quote: +----------------------------------------------------------------------+ If you want "wizards" and "druids"...you'd better go to LOTR Linux...Latest version is also known as "The Two Towers" 8^)))...I heard ...

  1. [OT] FAQ Mod Quotes -- (updated: Sweetmorn, the 67th day of Bureaucracy in the YOLD 3171)

    FAQ Mod Quotes -- (updated: Sweetmorn, the 67th day of Bureaucracy in
    the YOLD 3171)

    Sample Mod Quote:

    If you want "wizards" and "druids"...you'd better go to LOTR
    Linux...Latest version is also known as "The Two Towers" 8^)))...I
    heard the next release will be shipping next December (codename "The
    Return of the King")...It's been developed by a 9-people-team known as
    "The Fellowship of the Ring". It's been rumored that are too many bugs
    (known as "Ringwraiths") to fix so it's not known if it will be ready
    for the release date...This distro really rocks, you just put a ring
    (shipped with the CD's) in your finger and everything is configured
    and ready to run...Only one warning: NEVER EVER POINT YOUR BROWSER to
    www.mordor.com , the results are unpredictable...
    From: Felipe

    Every so often you will see a post letting people know that an
    updated Best of alt.os.linux.slackware Fortune Mod is available
    for download. The url is:

    This fortune mod is a collection of quotes either seen on AOLS
    or by AOLS regulars that were deemed so wise, funny, inflammatory
    or any combination of those that they were submitted for inclusion.

    Please take the time to follow the guidelines at the URL above
    and see to it that there will be a next release, as others have
    done to make the past releases possible.

  2. Re: [OT] FAQ Mod Quotes -- (updated: Sweetmorn, the 67th day of Bureaucracy in the YOLD 3171)

    ModQuote_FAQ@dev.null says:

    >FAQ Mod Quotes -- (updated: Sweetmorn, the 67th day of Bureaucracy in
    >the YOLD 3171)

    What's the matter with the real calendar? Do you think it clever to
    speak in riddles?

    >Sample Mod Quote:

    Oh boy.

    [gratuitous ascii "art" line deleted]

    >If you want "wizards" and "druids"...you'd better go to LOTR
    >Linux...Latest version is also known as "The Two Towers" 8^)))...I
    >heard the next release will be shipping next December (codename "The
    >Return of the King")...It's been developed by a 9-people-team known as
    >"The Fellowship of the Ring". It's been rumored that are too many bugs
    >(known as "Ringwraiths") to fix so it's not known if it will be ready
    >for the release date...This distro really rocks, you just put a ring
    >(shipped with the CD's) in your finger and everything is configured
    >and ready to run...Only one warning: NEVER EVER POINT YOUR BROWSER to
    >www.mordor.com , the results are unpredictable...
    >From: Felipe

    [second gratuitous ascii "art" line deleted]

    We have often wondered about this association between fantasy and
    computers by trolls such as the one who regularly spews this
    "feature" and we think we have discovered it.

    Those who associate fantasy with computers are almost always
    uneducated types who really don't understand computers and think
    that computers are somehow "magic", and as such, are somehow from
    the same realm as dildo dragons and the rest of them. In doing so
    they blithely ignore the fact that their are no computers in these
    works of fantasy.

    Oh well.

    Grow up, trolls.

    Grow up.

    cordially, as always,

    rm

  3. Re: [OT] FAQ Mod Quotes -- (updated: Sweetmorn, the 67th day of Bureaucracy in the YOLD 3171)

    On Wed, 05 Mar 2008 00:36:53 +0000, Realto Margarino babbled:

    > What's the matter with the real calendar? Do you think it clever to
    > speak in riddles?

    Heh. It's back. Damn, thought you jumped off a bridge, or something.
    You're almost a welcome sight after the fun of "Tom Newton" being around.
    He's starting to become scarce though, as was to be expected.

    Welcome back, troll.