Slackbuilds-users mailing list broken? - Slackware

  1. Slackbuilds-users mailing list broken?

    Hi,

    Is it just me or is the slackbuilds-users mailing list not working at
    the moment + http://lists.slackbuilds.org/ seems broken?

    Andrew

    --
    http://www.andrews-corner.org

    > the moment + http://lists.slackbuilds.org/ seems broken?

    The last email I got from that list was Volume 21, Issue 21, on 2/23/08.
    Seems they've been absent a few days.

    Perhaps Robby W. will stop by with some info.

    >> the moment + http://lists.slackbuilds.org/ seems broken?

    > The last email I got from that list was Volume 21, Issue 21, on 2/23/08.
    > Seems they've been absent a few days.
    >
    > Perhaps Robby W. will stop by with some info.

    An update: I stopped by the IRC channel (#slackbuilds on
    irc.freenode.net), and the channel topic states that there is a problem
    with the mailing list, service expected to be restored by 2/29.

    On 2008-02-28, Dan C wrote:
    > On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 20:41:05 -0600, Dan C wrote:
    >
    >>> Is it just me or is the slackbuilds-users mailing list not working at
    >>> the moment + http://lists.slackbuilds.org/ seems broken?

    >> The last email I got from that list was Volume 21, Issue 21, on 2/23/08.
    >> Seems they've been absent a few days.
    >>
    >> Perhaps Robby W. will stop by with some info.

    > An update: I stopped by the IRC channel (#slackbuilds on
    > irc.freenode.net), and the channel topic states that there is a problem
    > with the mailing list, service expected to be restored by 2/29.

    Thanks Dan. Memo to self: start using Xchat ....

    Andrew

    --
    http://www.andrews-corner.org

    On 2008-02-28, Dan C wrote:
    > On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 11:37:13 +1100, andrew wrote:
    >
    >> Is it just me or is the slackbuilds-users mailing list not working at
    >> the moment + http://lists.slackbuilds.org/ seems broken?

    > The last email I got from that list was Volume 21, Issue 21, on 2/23/08.
    > Seems they've been absent a few days.
    >
    > Perhaps Robby W. will stop by with some info.

    A bit late, but...

    The server that hosts the SBo mailing lists, admin email, slackbook.org,
    my personal website, slackpkg.org, Fred Emmott's personal site,
    alienBOB's wiki, and quite a few other things (and which held my local
    news spool) unexpectedly went down this past Saturday.

    We were unable to make contact with the ISP that was housing it until
    Tuesday, at which point I was informed that they had closed their
    branch in the town where the server was hosted. We were supposed to
    have been notified a month ago, but for whatever reason, that didn't
    happen. The guy who had worked at that branch had cardinal in his
    possession, so I went and picked it up Tuesday night.

    Due to a history of problems (some minor, some major) with the colo provider
    over the last six months or so, we had already arranged another place
    for cardinal to live, but that was as far as we'd gotten. We kicked the
    process into overdrive this week, and the new provider was gracious
    enough to let us have a VPS temporarily until we can get the actual
    server to his premises. It took us a few days to get the VPS configured
    the way we wanted and all of our configurations and apps migrated from
    Slackware 11.0 to 12.0, but as of right now, everything is back to normal
    as far as we can tell.

    Sorry for the inconvenience, but thanks for bearing with us over the last
    six months, and especially this past week. There will likely be a bit of
    additional downtime whenever we do the changeover from VPS to physical
    machine, but at the moment, we don't exactly when that's going to happen.
    I've finished the hardware upgrades we had planned, and /dev/rob0 and I
    are planning to meet and finish up installation and configuration this
    Tuesday.

    -RW

  6. Re: Slackbuilds-users mailing list broken?

    On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 06:19:56 +0000, Robby Workman wrote:

    >> Perhaps Robby W. will stop by with some info.

    > A bit late, but...

    Thanks, Robby. Appreciate the hard work.