$HOME variable gets lost when starting an X session - Slackware

This is a discussion on $HOME variable gets lost when starting an X session - Slackware ; Dan C wrote: > > Isn't two letters for an alias quite wasteful of time and resources? Any > true follower/believer in the ODE movement would do it with one letter. > Tom Newton's ODE is the laughingstock of the ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 61 to 66 of 66

  1. Re: $HOME variable gets lost when starting an X session

    Dan C wrote:

    > Isn't two letters for an alias quite wasteful of time and resources? Any
    > true follower/believer in the ODE movement would do it with one letter.

    Tom Newton's ODE is the laughingstock of the Minimalist Interface Movement.
    It's actually a fork of our CNDE Project (Chuck Norris Desktop
    Environment). Here at CNDE, we just wire up the computer directly to our
    balls, and it damn well does what we want. Out motto is "Damn Right We've
    Got Root!" Tom was kicked off the project when we discovered he was using
    a keyboard to cover for his total lack of gonads.

    --
    Old Man

    Playing with the ODE will make you go blind.

  2. Re: $HOME variable gets lost when starting an X session

    On Sun, 02 Mar 2008 01:58:52 -0500, Old Man wrote:

    >> Isn't two letters for an alias quite wasteful of time and resources? Any
    >> true follower/believer in the ODE movement would do it with one letter.

    > Tom Newton's ODE is the laughingstock of the Minimalist Interface Movement.
    > It's actually a fork of our CNDE Project (Chuck Norris Desktop
    > Environment). Here at CNDE, we just wire up the computer directly to our
    > balls, and it damn well does what we want. Out motto is "Damn Right We've
    > Got Root!" Tom was kicked off the project when we discovered he was using
    > a keyboard to cover for his total lack of gonads.

    Now that's funny, right there. ****in hurt my ribs on that one. Bastard.

  3. Re: $HOME variable gets lost when starting an X session

    On 2008-03-02, Old Man wrote:

    > Tom Newton's ODE is the laughingstock of the Minimalist Interface Movement.
    > It's actually a fork of our CNDE Project (Chuck Norris Desktop
    > Environment). Here at CNDE, we just wire up the computer directly to our
    > balls, and it damn well does what we want.

    What happens when you need to go to the bathroom?

    --keith

    (try just my userid to email me)

  4. Re: $HOME variable gets lost when starting an X session

    Keith Keller wrote:

    > On 2008-03-02, Old Man wrote:
    >>
    >> Tom Newton's ODE is the laughingstock of the Minimalist Interface
    >> Movement. It's actually a fork of our CNDE Project (Chuck Norris Desktop
    >> Environment). Here at CNDE, we just wire up the computer directly to our
    >> balls, and it damn well does what we want.

    > What happens when you need to go to the bathroom?

    What does a fighter pilot do? Balls, son, balls.

    --
    Old Man

    Playing with the ODE will make you go blind.

  5. Re: $HOME variable gets lost when starting an X session

    On Sun, 02 Mar 2008 13:32:49 -0800, Keith Keller wrote:

    > On 2008-03-02, Old Man wrote:
    >>
    >> Tom Newton's ODE is the laughingstock of the Minimalist Interface
    >> Movement. It's actually a fork of our CNDE Project (Chuck Norris Desktop
    >> Environment). Here at CNDE, we just wire up the computer directly to
    >> our balls, and it damn well does what we want.

    > What happens when you need to go to the bathroom?
    >
    > --keith

    MS Vista.

    --
    Chick Tower

    For e-mail: aols2 DOT sent DOT towerboy AT xoxy DOT net

  6. Re: $HOME variable gets lost when starting an X session

    Chick Tower wrote:

    > On Sun, 02 Mar 2008 13:32:49 -0800, Keith Keller wrote:
    >> What happens when you need to go to the bathroom?
    >>

    > MS Vista.

    You only get one shot at a straight line that good. I think we both blew
    it.