what package has libsas12.so in 12.0? - Slackware

This is a discussion on what package has libsas12.so in 12.0? - Slackware ; Ordinarily I'd figure this out on my own but I left my Slackware 12 CD's at work and the package browser at slackware.it seems to have an error in it's database. I'm trying to get the webserver running but it's ...

  1. what package has libsas12.so in 12.0?

    Ordinarily I'd figure this out on my own but I left my Slackware 12
    CD's at work and the package browser at slackware.it seems to have an
    error in it's database. I'm trying to get the webserver running but
    it's complaining about a missing library dependency, libsas12.so.2,
    the webserver is the one that comes with 12.0, i.e. httpd-2.2.4-i486-6

    As I mentioned the package browser knows nothing of this library and I
    didn't see it in the l directory at my favorite Slackware mirror
    (oregonstate.edu).

    Would someone be kind enough to look in /var/log/packages and tell me
    which package I need to download to get this lib?

    Thanks in !(reverse)

  2. Re: what package has libsas12.so in 12.0?

    On Thu, 07 Feb 2008 22:34:39 -0600, Chris Sorenson wrote:

    > Ordinarily I'd figure this out on my own but I left my Slackware 12
    > CD's at work and the package browser at slackware.it seems to have an
    > error in it's database. I'm trying to get the webserver running but
    > it's complaining about a missing library dependency, libsas12.so.2,
    > the webserver is the one that comes with 12.0, i.e. httpd-2.2.4-i486-6

    > Would someone be kind enough to look in /var/log/packages and tell me
    > which package I need to download to get this lib?

    cyrus-sasl-2.1.22-i486-1

    You may have been confused by the difference between the "1" (one) and the
    "L" (lowercase L) in the filename above. You have a "one", but it should
    be an "L", as in "libsasl2.so.2".

  3. Re: what package has libsas12.so in 12.0?

    On 2008-02-08, Chris Sorenson wrote:
    > Ordinarily I'd figure this out on my own but I left my Slackware 12
    > CD's at work and the package browser at slackware.it seems to have an
    > error in it's database. I'm trying to get the webserver running but
    > it's complaining about a missing library dependency, libsas12.so.2,
    > the webserver is the one that comes with 12.0, i.e. httpd-2.2.4-i486-6
    >
    > As I mentioned the package browser knows nothing of this library and I
    > didn't see it in the l directory at my favorite Slackware mirror
    > (oregonstate.edu).
    >
    > Would someone be kind enough to look in /var/log/packages and tell me
    > which package I need to download to get this lib?
    >
    > Thanks in !(reverse)

    From manifest.bz2:

    Package: ./n/cyrus-sasl-2.1.22-i486-1.tgz

    Tom

    --
    calhobbit (at)
    gmail [DOT] com

  4. Re: what package has libsas12.so in 12.0?

    Dan C wrote:
    > On Thu, 07 Feb 2008 22:34:39 -0600, Chris Sorenson wrote:
    >

    >>Ordinarily I'd figure this out on my own but I left my Slackware 12
    >>CD's at work and the package browser at slackware.it seems to have an
    >>error in it's database. I'm trying to get the webserver running but
    >>it's complaining about a missing library dependency, libsas12.so.2,
    >>the webserver is the one that comes with 12.0, i.e. httpd-2.2.4-i486-6

    >>Would someone be kind enough to look in /var/log/packages and tell me
    >>which package I need to download to get this lib?

    > cyrus-sasl-2.1.22-i486-1
    >
    > You may have been confused by the difference between the "1" (one) and the
    > "L" (lowercase L) in the filename above. You have a "one", but it should
    > be an "L", as in "libsasl2.so.2".

    You're right I did have that wrong. Doing a package browser search for
    sasl identifies the correct package, but a search for sas (only) does
    not. Rather strange! Thanks for the help...

+ Reply to Thread