Everybody banned! - Slackware

This is a discussion on Everybody banned! - Slackware ; What do you know. It wasn't just me and a couple others being banned for abuse. Turns out the ee-i-ee-i-oh guys (aioe.org) have banned the whole damn group. Now, no one from aioe can post to aols. We can no ...

  1. Everybody banned!

    What do you know. It wasn't just me and a couple others being banned for
    abuse. Turns out the ee-i-ee-i-oh guys (aioe.org) have banned the whole
    damn group. Now, no one from aioe can post to aols. We can no doubt thank
    the whiners and snivelers. No matter. I'm now using another nntp service.
    So, rm, you're still a friggin moron!

    nb

  2. Re: Everybody banned!

    On Thu, 7 Feb 2008, notbob wrote:

    > What do you know. It wasn't just me and a couple others being banned for
    > abuse. Turns out the ee-i-ee-i-oh guys (aioe.org) have banned the whole
    > damn group. Now, no one from aioe can post to aols. We can no doubt thank
    > the whiners and snivelers. No matter. I'm now using another nntp service.

    The most recent person abusing and threatening and stalking people from
    there was your mate tom.

    It's one thing to rant and troll, we all in fits of laughter at his
    carryings on, but he exceeds all boundaries when he starts threatening
    people and hopefully he has now learnt bullies and stalkers wont be
    tolerated, anywhere, and his pathetic try-hard act's are not scaring
    anyone, most of us have been seasoned to usenet abuse for <10 years and
    its like water off a ducks back, but its wankas like him that make other
    newbies think twice about posting to the group, so if he plays nice he
    just might get to keep his current news providor, not to mention his ISP
    account.

    -
    Res

  3. Re: Everybody banned!

    notbob wrote:

    > What do you know. *It wasn't just me and a couple others being banned
    > for abuse. *Turns out the ee-i-ee-i-oh guys (aioe.org) have banned the
    > whole damn group. *Now, no one from aioe can post to aols. *We can no
    > doubt thank the whiners and snivelers. *No matter. *I'm now using
    > another nntp service. So, rm, you're still a friggin moron!

    I rather think that those of us who used aioe.org, have probably got Tom
    N/Newton to thank for this, aioe.org probably decided that a blanket
    ban on posting was easier than blocking Tom N/Newton and or his various
    nym shifts and email addreses.
    --
    Two Ravens
    "Tom Newton surely the William Topaz McGonagall of

  4. Re: Everybody banned!

    On 2008-02-07, notbob wrote:
    > What do you know. It wasn't just me and a couple others being banned for
    > abuse. Turns out the ee-i-ee-i-oh guys (aioe.org) have banned the whole
    > damn group. Now, no one from aioe can post to aols. We can no doubt thank
    > the whiners and snivelers. No matter. I'm now using another nntp service.
    > So, rm, you're still a friggin moron!
    >
    > nb

    RM, AKA *, is not a moron, he's a headcase. A seriously mentally ill personality.

    He uses many isps and newsservers and is hardly going to be affected by being banned
    from posting here using aioe.

    As for aioe, I kill all posts from that newserver. It's a trollsnest.

    He only banned his clients from posting to aols because he's afraid he'll lose
    his newssfeeds.

    Now I'm killing this thread.

    Tom

    --
    calhobbit (at)
    gmail [DOT] com

  5. Re: Everybody banned!

    On Fri, 8 Feb 2008, Tom Newton wrote:

    > RM, AKA *, is not a moron, he's a headcase. A seriously mentally ill personality.

    pot kettle black, rm although a tosser, is far from a headcase , u must
    haved that mirror out

    > He uses many isps and newsservers and is hardly going to be affected by being banned
    > from posting here using aioe.

    no tom, I told you to stop looking in the mirror

    > As for aioe, I kill all posts from that newserver. It's a trollsnest.

    ah, major dummy spit because they wont tolerate abusive threatening
    stalkers like you.

    > He only banned his clients from posting to aols because he's afraid he'll lose
    > his newssfeeds.

    welcome to the real world thomas, when u abuse it, u lose it.

    > Now I'm killing this thread.

    sure sure sure

    --
    Cheers
    Res

  6. Re: Everybody banned!

    On Fri, 08 Feb 2008 12:54:20 +1000, Res wrote:

    > welcome to the real world thomas, when u abuse it, u lose it.

    "Thomas" (Alan Connor) doesn't know what the real world is. He lives in a
    world all his own.

    I'm waiting for him to make some more threatening posts from motzarella,
    and we'll see if we can get him banned from there as well. Shouldn't be
    long now, although I know he isn't reading these posts... LOL

  7. Re: Everybody banned!

    On Thu, 7 Feb 2008, Dan C wrote:

    > On Fri, 08 Feb 2008 12:54:20 +1000, Res wrote:
    >
    >> welcome to the real world thomas, when u abuse it, u lose it.

    > "Thomas" (Alan Connor) doesn't know what the real world is. He lives in a
    > world all his own.

    I have noticed that

    > I'm waiting for him to make some more threatening posts from motzarella,
    > and we'll see if we can get him banned from there as well. Shouldn't be
    > long now, although I know he isn't reading these posts... LOL

    Wont be long, just wait till the next noob comes in here and he tries
    exert his standover tactics on them, any day now, unless he finally learnt
    when he plays in other ppls backyards he dont get to make the rules and
    has to play nicely, but somehow I suspect not

    --
    Cheers
    Res

  8. Re: Everybody banned!

    Tom Newton wrote:

    > Now I'm killing this thread.

    I don't think you'll find you get to decide anything as far as other
    users of this newsgroup are concerned.
    --
    Two Ravens
    "Tom Newton surely the William Topaz McGonagall of
    alt.os.linux.slackware!"

  9. Re: Everybody banned!

    On Fri, 8 Feb 2008, Two Ravens wrote:

    > Tom Newton wrote:
    >
    >> Now I'm killing this thread.

    > I don't think you'll find you get to decide anything as far as other
    > users of this newsgroup are concerned.

    grep cancel_reject /etc/dnews.conf
    cancel_reject true

    ## All control messages are logged to 'control_(message).(action)'
    ## Blanks are not allowed, e.g. :: would be misinterpreted.

    ## DEFAULT
    all:*:*:drop

    ## drop Ignore message, don't even log it

    We've not honoured any control messages in years, not even for local
    posters, too much early day abuse in the alt hierachy, and it suits us
    fine to leave it like that, if someone doesnt want something on the net
    they should never type it

    --
    Cheers
    Res