News - Leafnode or alternatives? - Slackware

This is a discussion on News - Leafnode or alternatives? - Slackware ; Peter Chant wrote : > If I include > > maxcrosspost=5 > > with or without action=kill > > then applyfilter responds with filter file not found. In my Leafnode the maxcrosspost option is used in the config file and ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 25 of 25

  1. Re: News - Leafnode or alternatives?

    Peter Chant wrote :

    > If I include
    >
    > maxcrosspost=5
    >
    > with or without action=kill
    >
    > then applyfilter responds with filter file not found.

    In my Leafnode the maxcrosspost option is used in the config file and
    not the filterfile.
    --
    Thomas O.

  2. Re: News - Leafnode or alternatives?

    * Thomas Overgaard wrote in alt.os.linux.slackware:

    > Peter Chant wrote :
    >
    >> If I include
    >>
    >> maxcrosspost=5
    >>
    >> with or without action=kill
    >>
    >> then applyfilter responds with filter file not found.

    > In my Leafnode the maxcrosspost option is used in the config file and
    > not the filterfile.

    Version?

    --
    David

  3. Re: News - Leafnode or alternatives?

    SINNER wrote:

    >> In my Leafnode the maxcrosspost option is used in the config file and
    >> not the filterfile.

    > Version?

    For me:

    root@phoenix:/etc/leafnode# leafnode-version
    version: leafnode-2.0.0.alpha20070602a
    current machine: Linux phoenix 2.6.21.5-skas3-v8.2-smp #5 SMP Sat Aug 4
    13:32:36 BST 2007 i686 AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2500+ AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux
    bindir: /usr/local/bin
    sysconfdir: /etc/leafnode
    default spooldir: /var/spool/news
    IPv6: yes
    default MTA: /usr/sbin/sendmail
    pcre version: 7.0 18-Dec-2006

    From /etc/leafnode/config

    ##
    ## maxcrosspost, maxage, maxlines, minlines, maxbytes now are configured
    ## in filterfile.
    ##

    However, perhaps I ought to start with a fresh install.

    --
    http://www.petezilla.co.uk

  4. Re: News - Leafnode or alternatives?

    SINNER wrote :

    > Version?

    Its still Leafnode-1.11.6, but i can see that the developers of
    Leafnode-2 has moved this function to the filter.
    --
    Thomas O.

  5. Re: News - Leafnode or alternatives?

    On 2008-02-08, Peter Chant wrote:

    [...]

    > However, perhaps I ought to start with a fresh install.

    Although I anticipate a few flames for this: when you are installing
    again could you critique a walkthrough I have put together for
    Leafnode-2? The flame bit comes from the fact that I have placed it on
    the ubuntu forums (yes I am a secret Ubuntu / Slackware dual booter).

    I set my slackware 12 partition with the same instructions (minus the
    apt-get / checkinstall material) plus a slackbuild script that I
    wrote:

    http://www.andrews-corner.org/leafnode.SlackBuild

    which is in the queue at slackbuilds.org. I would deeply appreciate any
    comments on the script and the walkthrough.

    Regards,

    Andrew

    --
    http://www.andrews-corner.org