How2 render various *.rtf - Slackware

This is a discussion on How2 render various *.rtf - Slackware ; Apparently some *.rtf is M$-word-type ? I'm able to render some via [mandrake9.1] kword and [FC1] open.office. But other *.rtf shows nothing NOR any error message. Thanks for any feedback, == C. Glur. Your attachment, T-properties.rtf, which was to replace ...

  1. How2 render various *.rtf

    Apparently some *.rtf is M$-word-type ?
    I'm able to render some via [mandrake9.1] kword
    and [FC1] open.office.
    But other *.rtf shows nothing NOR any error message.

    Thanks for any feedback,

    == C. Glur.

    Your attachment, T-properties.rtf, which was to replace the M$-word11 file,
    decodes to [145514 bytes after I removed the 0x0D bytes of DOS format line
    terminatiom, which didn't help either] looks like:-
    {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1251\uc1\deff0\stshfdbch0\st...
    nsrsid2175857\charrsid4399367
    \par }}

    But my familiar facilities failed to render any 'view' -- there was nothing
    shown under kword or open-office [of my olders versions].
    Some *.rtf DO render here.

    Let me tell you how microsoft works:
    Many decades ago when I was a school boy, we had 'grapes day' at school.
    Plenty grapes were brought to the school and distrubuted freely.
    They told that 'children should learn to eat fresh grapes, rather than
    have grapes converted to alcohol'.
    I only half believe this. The truth was probably that a glut of grapes,
    which were not usable by the alcohol industry and would crash the fresh
    grapes free-market price were obtained for free by some organisation,
    to distribute to schools.
    They also had Coke-a-cola-day. I guess this was to teach children to
    drink coke for the rest of their life. When I met a DDR young man in
    Poland in 1974, he too had heard about coke but had never tasted one
    and then was keen to do so!
    I have heard that narcotics pedlars visit [outside] the schools to
    build a dedicated/addicted clientelle ?

    Microsoft also provides free introduction to schools, IOM to commit
    the scholars to the Microsoft product/s for life.

  2. Re: How2 render various *.rtf

    problems@gmail wrote:
    > Apparently some *.rtf is M$-word-type ?
    > I'm able to render some via [mandrake9.1] kword
    > and [FC1] open.office.
    > But other *.rtf shows nothing NOR any error message.

    Give abiword a try too.

    - Kurt

+ Reply to Thread