On Tue, 5 Feb 2008, Res wrote:

> On Mon, 4 Feb 2008, Joost Kremers wrote:
>

>> Res wrote:
>>> I was told tonight on IRC by an admin of a U.S ISP who has read
>>> this groups archives that he has commited many federal offences, enough
>>> that
>>> could yield him 10 plus years behind bars.... now theres a thought

>> yeah, the though being, of course, in what sort of country could you get 10
>> plus years behind bars for writing stuff in a text-based internet forum?
>> china comes to mind.

> Apaprently the U.S. UK and Australia, its all under the cyber terror laws.

I'll qualify that, in many countries an email can be used in a court of
law, this precedent was set many many years ago by the Brittish High Court
in a case involving a users post on usenet involving Demon Internet, as
the precedent was set, Australia and the U.S followed, and, in this
country at least, a written threat to inflick GBH upon a person or their
property is very damaging to the offender

--
Cheers
Res