KDE Reveals Corporate Strategy To Take Over Your Computer! - Slackware

This is a discussion on KDE Reveals Corporate Strategy To Take Over Your Computer! - Slackware ; A high level VP at KDE Corporate Headquarters inadvertently spilled the details in an interview with Linux Tech Daily of how they plan to take over everyone's computer. First, they are buying Yahoo! No, wait, that's someone else. Oh! Yes! ...

  1. KDE Reveals Corporate Strategy To Take Over Your Computer!

    A high level VP at KDE Corporate Headquarters inadvertently spilled the
    details in an interview with Linux Tech Daily of how they plan to take
    over everyone's computer.

    First, they are buying Yahoo!

    No, wait, that's someone else. Oh! Yes! I remember now. The Evil Plan
    [TM] is revealed here:

    http://www.linuxtechdaily.com/2008/0...nterview-with-
    sebastian-kugler/

    This bit is particularly terrifying:

    4. How can everyday users help with “Guerilla Marketing”? Is there an
    easy way to step in and help?

    Yes, there are many easy ways to help. The most obvious is helping people
    installing KDE, answering questions on forums, IRC and other media.
    Lately, we’re getting also an increased amount of requests for speakers.
    Often local LUGs are interested in talks by KDE knowledgeable people. It
    might sound a bit scary, representing KDE in your local LUG, but it’s
    really what KDE is about.

    See, they actually admit in the open that they have a marketing plan.

    Yikes. No place to hide.

  2. Re: KDE Reveals Corporate Strategy To Take Over Your Computer!

    On 2008-02-02, Mark South wrote:
    > A high level VP at KDE Corporate Headquarters inadvertently spilled the
    > details in an interview with Linux Tech Daily of how they plan to take
    > over everyone's computer.
    >
    > First, they are buying Yahoo!
    >
    > No, wait, that's someone else. Oh! Yes! I remember now. The Evil Plan
    > [TM] is revealed here:
    >
    > http://www.linuxtechdaily.com/2008/0...nterview-with-
    > sebastian-kugler/
    >
    > This bit is particularly terrifying:
    >

    > 4. How can everyday users help with ?Guerilla Marketing?? Is there an
    > easy way to step in and help?
    >
    > Yes, there are many easy ways to help. The most obvious is helping people
    > installing KDE, answering questions on forums, IRC and other media.
    > Lately, we?re getting also an increased amount of requests for speakers.
    > Often local LUGs are interested in talks by KDE knowledgeable people. It
    > might sound a bit scary, representing KDE in your local LUG, but it?s
    > really what KDE is about.
    >

    > See, they actually admit in the open that they have a marketing plan.
    >
    > Yikes. No place to hide.

    Sure there is. You just don't install KDE on your computer.
    Simple as that. If your mind hadn't been confused and numbed by
    all that eye-candy you'd know that.

    KDE is just a collection of applications. Their advertising tries
    to make it seem to be something more than that, but it isn't.
    Just like their advertising tries to make you believe it is a
    complete user interface, but it isn't.

    The best way to run Slackware, and Linux in general, is with
    X and a good window manager and a good file manager, from the
    commandline in 'xterms'. Use X apps when they are the best ones
    for the job, and console apps when they are the best choice.

    That's ODE, the Other Desktop Environment.

    You don't have to be some kind of guru to do that. I certainly
    am not. But that's what the KDE technocrats and their corporate
    sponsors want you to believe: That you need them to run your
    computer.

    That's what corporations do: They lie to people to promote
    dependency on them.

    KDE is a clone of the Windows user-interface, created by big
    corporations in order to steal Linux from the general public.
    They don't like operating systems that are free and that they
    can't access when they choose. They don't like people who don't
    need their help. They don't like free and open source software.
    All these things are anaethema to the corporate agenda.

    So they created KDE to lure Windows-users, ignorant appliance
    operators, into the Linux world in large numbers, in order to
    overwhelm the Linux revolutionaries.

    It isn't working.

    They can take KDE and grease it up and shove it where the
    sun don't shine.

    Tom

  3. Re: KDE Reveals Corporate Strategy To Take Over Your Computer!

    On Sun, 2 Feb 2008, Mark South wrote:

    > See, they actually admit in the open that they have a marketing plan.
    >
    > Yikes. No place to hide.

    hahahahahaha

    --
    Cheers
    Res

  4. Re: KDE Reveals Corporate Strategy To Take Over Your Computer!

    KDE is as much free as Linux is, its GPLed. Probably You feel that
    Linux is still for command liners and bashers. What do You wanna say
    about GNOME, Compiz and XGL?

  5. Re: KDE Reveals Corporate Strategy To Take Over Your Computer!

    Please ignore thomas, he is the AOLS troll, hes already
    been kicked off one news providor for abuse and cyber-stalking and
    bordering on his second termination, not to mention his ISP as well for
    violation of their T&C

    --
    Cheers
    Res