idebus=66 not recognized on current. - Slackware

This is a discussion on idebus=66 not recognized on current. - Slackware ; On slackware 12 the lilo boot line boot = /dev/hda idebus=66 works but on slackware current I get: unrecognized token "idebus" at of above line 5... I have tried various alternatives like spaces around the = enclosing the string in ...

  1. idebus=66 not recognized on current.

    On slackware 12 the lilo boot line
    boot = /dev/hda idebus=66
    works
    but on slackware current I get:
    unrecognized token "idebus" at of above line 5...

    I have tried various alternatives like spaces around the = enclosing
    the string in double quotes etc. Same or similar message every time.

    My elderly moherboard has two ide ports capable of 66Mhz and on slack
    12 that is what the two disks run at.

    John Culleton

  2. Re: idebus=66 not recognized on current.

    On Fri, 01 Feb 2008 08:39:46 -0800, john@wexfordpress.com wrote:

    > On slackware 12 the lilo boot line
    > boot = /dev/hda idebus=66
    > works
    > but on slackware current I get:
    > unrecognized token "idebus" at of above line 5...

    What happens if you try booting without it?

  3. Re: idebus=66 not recognized on current.

    john@wexfordpress.com wrote:
    > On slackware 12 the lilo boot line
    > boot = /dev/hda idebus=66
    > works
    > but on slackware current I get:
    > unrecognized token "idebus" at of above line 5...
    >
    > I have tried various alternatives like spaces around the = enclosing
    > the string in double quotes etc. Same or similar message every time.
    >
    > My elderly moherboard has two ide ports capable of 66Mhz and on slack
    > 12 that is what the two disks run at.
    >
    > John Culleton

    append = "\
    idebus=66 \
    "
    OR

    man lilo.conf; KERNEL OPTIONS; addappend

    Cheers,

+ Reply to Thread