Slackware Release Fun & Games - Slackware

  2. Re: Slackware Release Fun & Games

    +Alan Hicks+ wrote:

    > It's that time of year again when the BOZOs, BOZettes, trolls, newbs,
    > good guys, bad guys, and ugly guys gather around the bonfire to place
    > their bets as to when the next release of Slackware Linux will arrive.

    June 12th, 2008
    --
    Two Ravens
    "...hit the squirrel..."

  3. Re: Slackware Release Fun & Games

    On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 22:31:56 +0000, +Alan Hicks+ wrote:

    > It's that time of year again when the BOZOs, BOZettes, trolls, newbs,
    > good guys, bad guys, and ugly guys gather around the bonfire to place
    > their bets as to when the next release of Slackware Linux will arrive.

    Boomtime, Discord 19, 3174 YOLD

  4. Re: Slackware Release Fun & Games

    LOL, April 1st :P

    On Thu, 31 Jan 2008, +Alan Hicks+ wrote:

    --
    Cheers
    Res

  5. Re: Slackware Release Fun & Games

    On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 22:31:56 +0000, +Alan Hicks+ wrote:

    > It's that time of year again when the BOZOs, BOZettes, trolls, newbs,
    > good guys, bad guys, and ugly guys gather around the bonfire to place
    > their bets as to when the next release of Slackware Linux will arrive.

    Sweetmorn, Confusion 50, 3174 YOLD

    > Rules
    > 1- One post per person

    what about multiple/scattered personalities ?-)

    > 4- BOZO points may be
    > redeemed a la skymiles for free trips to Europa

    Where is Europa? If that's very close to Europe that'll be fine
    for me but people who actually like to move could be disappointed ;-)

  6. Re: Slackware Release Fun & Games

    On 2008-01-31, +Alan Hicks+ wrote:

    > It's that time of year again when the BOZOs, BOZettes, trolls, newbs,
    > good guys, bad guys, and ugly guys gather around the bonfire to place
    > their bets as to when the next release of Slackware Linux will arrive.

    Boomtime, Confusion 66, 3174 YOLD

    > [0] Some dates blacked out. Trip does not include the cost of meals,
    > water, oxygen, cryo-genic sleep, environmental clothing, or emergency
    > HAL deactivation switch.

    I'm afraid I can't let you enforce blackout dates, Dave.

    --keith

    (try just my userid to email me)

  7. Re: Slackware Release Fun & Games

    On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 22:31:56 +0000, +Alan Hicks+ wrote:

    > It's that time of year again when the BOZOs, BOZettes, trolls, newbs,
    > good guys, bad guys, and ugly guys gather around the bonfire to place
    > their bets as to when the next release of Slackware Linux will arrive.

    August 3rd 2008

    Because KDE 4.1 is scheduled for release on the 29th July, of course that
    may not be a factor.

    Richard James

  8. Re: Slackware Release Fun & Games

    On Fri, 1 Feb 2008, Richard James wrote:

    > On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 22:31:56 +0000, +Alan Hicks+ wrote:

    >> It's that time of year again when the BOZOs, BOZettes, trolls, newbs,
    >> good guys, bad guys, and ugly guys gather around the bonfire to place
    >> their bets as to when the next release of Slackware Linux will arrive.

    > August 3rd 2008
    >
    > Because KDE 4.1 is scheduled for release on the 29th July, of course that
    > may not be a factor.
    >
    > Richard James

    Lets hope so, if at least for no other reason, then just to piss off the
    local troll

    --
    Cheers
    Res

  9. Re: Slackware Release Fun & Games

    On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 22:31:56 GMT
    +Alan Hicks+ wrote:

    > It's that time of year again when the BOZOs, BOZettes, trolls, newbs,
    > good guys, bad guys, and ugly guys gather around the bonfire to place
    > their bets as to when the next release of Slackware Linux will arrive.

    In the future.

    --
    Mikhail

  10. Re: Slackware Release Fun & Games

    In article ,
    +Alan Hicks+ wrote:

    > It's that time of year again when the BOZOs, BOZettes, trolls, newbs,
    > good guys, bad guys, and ugly guys gather around the bonfire to place
    > their bets as to when the next release of Slackware Linux will arrive.
    >
    > Rules
    > 1- One post per person
    > 2- Poster coming closest to the release date wins
    > 3- Winner receives 1 BOZO point for every looser who participates
    > 4- BOZO points may be redeemed a la skymiles for free trips to
    > Europa[0]

    May 30th, 2008

    Scott Cole

  11. Re: Slackware Release Fun & Games

    On 2008-01-31, +Alan Hicks+ wrote:
    > 1- One post per person
    > 2- Poster coming closest to the release date wins
    > 3- Winner receives 1 BOZO point for every looser who participates
    > 4- BOZO points may be redeemed a la skymiles for free trips to
    > Europa[0]

    Prickle-Prickle, Bureaucracy 25, 3174 YOLD

    ken

  12. Re: Slackware Release Fun & Games

  13. Re: Slackware Release Fun & Games

    +Alan Hicks+ typed on 2008-01-31:

    > It's that time of year again when the BOZOs, BOZettes, trolls, newbs,
    > good guys, bad guys, and ugly guys gather around the bonfire to place
    > their bets as to when the next release of Slackware Linux will arrive.

    Setting Orange, Discord 42, 3174 YOLD

    > Rules

    > 4- BOZO points may be redeemed a la skymiles for free trips to
    > Europa[0]
    >
    > [0] Some dates blacked out. Trip does not include the cost of meals,
    > water, oxygen

    I live close by, so for me access to those won't really be a problem.

    > cryo-genic sleep, environmental clothing, or emergency
    > HAL deactivation switch.

    Hmmm, those I'd have to make arrangements for.

    Regards,
    --
    Bartosz Oudekerk
    I think a better name for PAM might be SCAM, for Swiss Cheese Authentication

  14. Re: Slackware Release Fun & Games

    +Alan Hicks+ wrote:

    > It's that time of year again when the BOZOs, BOZettes, trolls, newbs,
    > good guys, bad guys, and ugly guys gather around the bonfire to place
    > their bets as to when the next release of Slackware Linux will arrive.
    >
    > Rules
    > 1- One post per person
    > 2- Poster coming closest to the release date wins
    > 3- Winner receives 1 BOZO point for every looser who participates
    > 4- BOZO points may be redeemed a la skymiles for free trips to
    > Europa[0]

    But will it be the unlucky Slackware 13?

    In which case I have to go with Friday June 13, 2008.

  15. Re: Slackware Release Fun & Games

    "+Alan Hicks+" escreveu na mensagem
    news:w%roj.54603$k27.23601@bignews2.bellsouth.net. ..

    > 4- BOZO points may be redeemed a la skymiles for free trips to
    > Europa[0]
    >
    > [0] Some dates blacked out. Trip does not include the cost of meals,
    > water, oxygen, cryo-genic sleep, environmental clothing, or emergency
    > HAL deactivation switch.

    You should clarify to some fellow slackers where Europa is... :^)
    And now that you speak of it, do you think HAL-9000 has enough 'muscle' to
    run Slackware?... And I feel compeled to remind you that we were advised to
    stay away from Europa, or else... Surely another moon will do it, and if
    Miguel Alcubierre perfects his 'warp' drive and get hands on some exotic
    matter, we won't be needing the cryo hardware anyway.
    Besides all that, I think the next slack will come out 21st March.

    Best regards

    Paulo Costa

    --
    I don't have a sig...

  16. Re: Slackware Release Fun & Games

    On Thu, 1 Feb 2008, Richard James wrote:
    > On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 22:31:56 +0000, +Alan Hicks+ wrote:
    >> It's that time of year again when the BOZOs, BOZettes, trolls, newbs,
    >> good guys, bad guys, and ugly guys gather around the bonfire to place
    >> their bets as to when the next release of Slackware Linux will arrive.

    > August 3rd 2008
    > Because KDE 4.1 is scheduled for release on the 29th July, of course that
    > may not be a factor.
    > Richard James

    But, Pat has posted in the -current/ChangeLog that slackware-12.0+1
    will have kde 3.5.9, and -12.0+2 will use 4.1 ...
    soooooooa, my WAG says,

    (1) slackware-12.1 release: Sweetmorn, Discord 3, 3174 YOLD
    01:00 hour CST
    (17 March 2008, St. Patricks's Day)

    (2) slackware-13.0 release: Boomtime, The Aftermath 55, 3174 YOLD
    20:00 hour CST
    (13 Dec 2008)

    --
    William Hunt, Portland Oregon USA

  17. Re: Slackware Release Fun & Games

  18. Re: Slackware Release Fun & Games

    On Fri, 01 Feb 2008 16:21:24 +0000, +Alan Hicks+ wrote:

    > On 2008-01-31, loki harfagr wrote:
    >>> 4- BOZO points may be
    >>> redeemed a la skymiles for free trips to Europa

    >> Where is Europa? If that's very close to Europe that'll be fine
    >> for me but people who actually like to move could be disappointed ;-)

    > JFGI.

    Yup, to get the quoted result GI I'd have had to know you
    were thinking about such a *long* trip )
    when dealing with a 41.000.000 pages result search I bet
    I might as well read them while walking down to Mars
    where I'll wait for the rest of the troopers )

    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europa_(moon)

    Well, thanks anyway but now I'll have to ask why you were
    talking about a trip to a moon to Jupiter ?!?
    Is that a private joke or was there something in your beer
    as it seems the case on the pic from the KDE funfair ?D)

  19. Re: Slackware Release Fun & Games

    Sweetmorn, Discord 18, 3175 YOLD
    --
    Bud

  20. Re: Slackware Release Fun & Games

    Alan Hicks wrote :

    > It's that time of year again when the BOZOs, BOZettes, trolls, newbs,
    > good guys, bad guys, and ugly guys gather around the bonfire to place
    > their bets as to when the next release of Slackware Linux will arrive.

    Will the result be publicised this time?

    Pungenday, Discord 10, 3174 YOLD
    --
    Thomas O.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast