cups quota limit problem - Slackware

This is a discussion on cups quota limit problem - Slackware ; Hi, I inadvertently blew away some of my /usr directory (yes, I am not backed up). I have been recovering gradually but I have not yet solved the problem of getting the hated 'quota limit reached' error message when I ...

  1. cups quota limit problem

    Hi,
    I inadvertently blew away some of my /usr directory (yes, I am not
    backed up). I have been recovering gradually but I have not yet solved the
    problem of getting the hated 'quota limit reached' error message when I try
    to print. (What is really annoying is that I had this problem and solved it
    several months ago, but I can't remember what I did!)
    I have reinstalled cups and restarted cupsd and resinstalled all of
    kde along with a bunch of other packages and done a lot of googling on this
    subject but I haven't been able to solve this problem. Any help would be
    appreciated.
    Thanks, jwc

  2. Re: cups quota limit problem

    john connolly wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I inadvertently blew away some of my /usr directory (yes, I am not
    > backed up). I have been recovering gradually but I have not yet solved the
    > problem of getting the hated 'quota limit reached' error message when I
    > try to print. (What is really annoying is that I had this problem and
    > solved it several months ago, but I can't remember what I did!)
    > I have reinstalled cups and restarted cupsd and resinstalled all
    > of
    > kde along with a bunch of other packages and done a lot of googling on
    > this subject but I haven't been able to solve this problem. Any help would
    > be appreciated.
    > Thanks, jwc

    Hi again,
    I found it myself. When I reinstalled the binutils package the problem was
    solved.
    Cheers, jwc

+ Reply to Thread