Re: [OT] Warning: Simple.Net - Slackware

This is a discussion on Re: [OT] Warning: Simple.Net - Slackware ; Tom N wrote: > Stay away from this crooked and incompetent semi-ISP. 100 people buy cars from 1 dealer. 3 come back and say the cars they bought are not performing as they should. do you say A. those 3 ...

  1. Re: [OT] Warning: Simple.Net

    Tom N wrote:
    > Stay away from this crooked and incompetent semi-ISP.

    100 people buy cars from 1 dealer. 3 come back and say the cars they
    bought are not performing as they should. do you say

    A. those 3 cars have a problem.

    or

    B. the car yard has a problem and nobody should buy any cars from it
    because they will get a bad car.

    > I had a basic dialup account with them for a long time. I paid in
    > advance every month with an anonymous, pre-paid debit card,

    Hiding something? Anonymous payments, anonymous newsserver. lol

    > This semi-ISP doesn't even run its own mailservers. And they
    > start out with fairly quick dialup speeds and then pinch them
    > back gradually over time and send you offers for "Enhanced Dialup".

    Any evidence to substantiate this accusation or are you talking out of
    your ass as usual tom?

    > Etc. Avoid them like the plague and spread the word.

    I'd suggest everyone avoid listening to your nonsense.

  2. Re: [OT] Warning: Simple.Net

    On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 21:37:12 +1100, Paul Man wrote:

    > I'd suggest everyone avoid listening to your nonsense.

    Good suggestion. That fool and his moronic threads have long ago been
    killfiled.

  3. Re: [OT] Warning: Simple.Net

    On Mon, 28 Jan 2008, Paul Man wrote:

    > Hiding something? Anonymous payments, anonymous newsserver. lol

    theres a law against that in many countries

    >> This semi-ISP doesn't even run its own mailservers. And they
    >> start out with fairly quick dialup speeds and then pinch them
    >> back gradually over time and send you offers for "Enhanced Dialup".

    > Any evidence to substantiate this accusation or are you talking out of your
    > ass as usual tom?

    # host -t mx simple.net
    simple.net mail is handled by 50 athena.simple.net.
    simple.net mail is handled by 10 mx1.simple.net.
    # host mx1.simple.net
    mx1.simple.net has address 216.185.179.180
    # whois 216.185.179.180
    Eschelon Telecom, Inc. ESCHELON-216-185-160-0 (NET-216-185-160-0-1)
    216.185.160.0 - 216.185.191.255
    Simple.Net NET-216-185-179-160-27 (NET-216-185-179-160-1)
    216.185.179.160 - 216.185.179.191

    > I'd suggest everyone avoid listening to your nonsense.

    We all did, a looooonnnngggg time ago

    --
    Cheers
    Res

  4. {0T} Cowardly KDE Addict (was: Re: [OT] Warning: Simple.Net)

    On 2008-01-28, Dave Uhring wrote:
    > On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 21:37:12 +1100, Paul Man wrote:
    >
    >> I'd suggest everyone avoid listening to your nonsense.

    > Good suggestion. That fool and his moronic threads have long ago been
    > killfiled.

    Another Windows-clone interface (KDE) addict who doesn't have the balls
    to engage me in an honest debate, and can't bully me into silence, and so
    is reduced to sniping at me like a bitchy little girl who can't get her
    own way.

    Here's a clue for you, Dave: This sort of cowardly, backstabbing attack isn't
    going to work for you any more than it works for the trolls.

    Trust me here.

    Tom

    --
    calhobbit