New leader of the pack - Slackware

This is a discussion on New leader of the pack - Slackware ; It was fun to come back here after being away for few months. I've long held that this newsgroup is a parallel universe of the rest of Usenet. (That's not a bad thing.) While the rest of Usenet (even including ...

  1. New leader of the pack

    It was fun to come back here after being away for few months.

    I've long held that this newsgroup is a parallel universe of the rest of
    Usenet. (That's not a bad thing.)

    While the rest of Usenet (even including the Debian groups, long the
    "wild west" of the medium,) has been gentrified, a.o.l.s. is the lone
    remaining outpost of the lawless frontier.

    This group is led by what I call a "wild pack of dogs" who seek to
    dominate the dialectic here... and the leader of the pack has changed
    from time to time. For years Hicks was the leader as no one could match
    his vitriolic fervor toward anyone who disagreed with him or who took
    any exception toward Slackware.

    While there were many contenders to his throne... Old Man, Keith, ken,
    and even the bitter-sweet Melissa, it was Dan C. who finally grabbed the
    crown of thorns.

    But that was then, this is now. I see that Tom N. is now the leader of
    the pack and the new alpha dog here. And if you are not the lead dog...
    the view never changes.

    My congratulations to Tom N along with condolences to Dan C. But all
    things must change... and I'm sure it's all good.

    For pure entertainment, there is nothing like this NG. It's always nice
    to visit here again.

    AC

  2. Re: New leader of the pack

    On 2008-01-28, ANC wrote:
    > It was fun to come back here after being away for few months.
    >
    > I've long held that this newsgroup is a parallel universe of the rest of
    > Usenet. (That's not a bad thing.)
    >
    > While the rest of Usenet (even including the Debian groups, long the
    > "wild west" of the medium,) has been gentrified, a.o.l.s. is the lone
    > remaining outpost of the lawless frontier.
    >
    > This group is led by what I call a "wild pack of dogs" who seek to
    > dominate the dialectic here... and the leader of the pack has changed
    > from time to time. For years Hicks was the leader as no one could match
    > his vitriolic fervor toward anyone who disagreed with him or who took
    > any exception toward Slackware.
    >
    > While there were many contenders to his throne... Old Man, Keith, ken,
    > and even the bitter-sweet Melissa, it was Dan C. who finally grabbed the
    > crown of thorns.
    >
    > But that was then, this is now. I see that Tom N. is now the leader of
    > the pack and the new alpha dog here. And if you are not the lead dog...
    > the view never changes.
    >
    > My congratulations to Tom N along with condolences to Dan C. But all
    > things must change... and I'm sure it's all good.
    >
    > For pure entertainment, there is nothing like this NG. It's always nice
    > to visit here again.
    >
    > AC

    Hello, AC. I'm not the leader of the pack, though I appreciate
    the left-handed compliment, I think. :-\

    Nor do I want to be.

    I am simply the self-appointed representative of those who want
    to run Linux and Slackware without the use of that artificial,
    limited, proprietary Windows-clone interface called KDE (the
    Korporate Desktop Environment). Who wants Linux and Slackware to
    be accessible to the majority of people, who don't have access to
    the latest hardware and fast Internet connections. And who want
    to truly master the OS.

    I've just been fending off the aols authoritarians who think
    they own this group and that silly, clueless, obnoxious juvenile
    delinquent mental-case troll with a thousand names who thinks
    he's some kind of Internet terrorist.

    But that's changing. I finally knuckled down and learned to use
    the slrnpull scorefile.

    Hopefully, the aols authoritarians will get it through their
    thick heads one of these days that they can't bully me, and
    that aiding and abetting that pathetic troll in order to
    drive me away isn't doing anything but ruining this group.

    There's room here for KDE and what I call ODE. I am MAKING
    room for it. Anyone who thinks they can stop me is a stupid
    **** like that troll feeb. (Who has never been the "leader
    of the pack". He can't even wipe his own ass without
    reviewing "Little Timmy Does a Doo-Doo". The only reason
    someone hasn't snuffed him by now is that he is utterly
    incapable of doing anything but inspiring people to learn
    to use their newsreader's killfiles.)

    Thanks for the troll-bait thread. I'm sure I will acquire
    a few more names to add to my killfile here.

    Have you actually been away? I don't know. But if you think
    I believe you just because you post it on the Usenet, you
    are not very bright. Or you are accustomed to dealing
    with morons like that troll feeb.

    Tom

    --
    calhobbit
    at gee mail dot com

  3. Re: New leader of the pack

    Tom N wrote:

    > There's room here for KDE and what I call ODE. I am MAKING
    > room for it. Anyone who thinks they can stop me is a stupid

    Less talky and more doing, please. Let us know when you actually
    have a working product. Generally, it is best to first *build* something
    and then brag about it (until then, ODE is just vaporware - although
    us engineers associate ODE with the term Ordinary Differential Equations).

    - Kurt

  4. Re: New leader of the pack

    On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 05:06:17 +0100, Tom N wrote:

    > Hopefully, the aols authoritarians will get it through their
    > thick heads one of these days that they can't bully me, and

    You can be bullied, Alan Connor, just as this photo from the Connor/Canton
    family picture album shows:

    http://brandybuck.890m.com/pics/fighter.jpg

    That's ANC on the left, and you with the black eye.

    Is this why you're so bitter?

    --
    "Tom N" - the latest nymshift of "Alan Connor".
    Read more about the netkook Alan Connor here:

+ Reply to Thread