mmc and sd cards - Slackware

This is a discussion on mmc and sd cards - Slackware ; does anyone knows how to use mmc driver to read or write in mmc and sd cards? my card reader is a TI that seems to be supported under linux....

  1. mmc and sd cards

    does anyone knows how to use mmc driver to read or write in mmc and sd
    cards?

    my card reader is a TI that seems to be supported under linux.

  2. Re: mmc and sd cards

    Hallo, heavytull,

    Du meintest am 27.01.08:

    > does anyone know how to use mmc driver to read or write in mmc and
    > sd cards?

    Linux should recognize them as scsi devices. Mount them - that's nearly
    all.

    Viele Gruesse
    Helmut

  3. Re: mmc and sd cards

    On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 22:21:50 +0000, heavytull wrote:

    > does anyone knows how to use mmc driver to read or write in mmc and sd
    > cards?
    >
    > my card reader is a TI that seems to be supported under linux.

    I don't understand your question. I have a multi-card reader and each
    card is accessed via USB(SCSI interface), because the multi-card reader
    is USB, it uses the USB mass storage driver. Do you have some other sort
    of reader? If so can you point to a product description page?

    Richard James

  4. Re: mmc and sd cards

    heavytull wrote:

    > does anyone knows how to use mmc driver to read or write in mmc and sd
    > cards?
    >
    > my card reader is a TI that seems to be supported under linux.

    The relevant block devices for MMC/SD will be /dev/mmcblkXX (where XX is a
    number of some sort).

    You will need the following modules loaded, IIRC:

    tifm_7xx1
    tifm_sd
    mmc_block
    mmc_core

    -Carlos
    --
    E-Mail: carlos@strangeworlds.co.uk
    Web: strangeworlds.co.uk

  5. Re: mmc and sd cards

    I have a TI card reader inside of my laptop. Unfortunately, it has
    some Physical injury. So I use my SD card via USB interface.

  6. Re: mmc and sd cards

    On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 01:50:37 +0000, Carlos Corbacho wrote:

    > heavytull wrote:
    >
    >> does anyone knows how to use mmc driver to read or write in mmc and sd
    >> cards?
    >>
    >> my card reader is a TI that seems to be supported under linux.

    > The relevant block devices for MMC/SD will be /dev/mmcblkXX (where XX is
    > a number of some sort).
    >
    > You will need the following modules loaded, IIRC:
    >
    > tifm_7xx1
    > tifm_sd
    > mmc_block
    > mmc_core
    >
    > -Carlos

    the modules that are loaded are:

    tifm_7xx1 10496 0
    tifm_core 10368 1 tifm_7xx1
    sdhci 18828 0
    mmc_core 25988 1 sdhci

    but i don't see any mmc block auto loaded

    anyway i loaded manually:

    but when i insert an mmc card i see just the following line in dmesg:
    $dmesg|tail
    tifm_7xx1: sd card detected in socket 3

    and obviously i don't see any mmc* device in /dev

    I lsed /dev and didn't find any relevent device for the mmc block.

  7. Re: mmc and sd cards

    On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 16:50:53 +0000, heavytull wrote:

    > On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 01:50:37 +0000, Carlos Corbacho wrote:
    >
    >> heavytull wrote:
    >>
    >>> does anyone knows how to use mmc driver to read or write in mmc and sd
    >>> cards?
    >>>
    >>> my card reader is a TI that seems to be supported under linux.

    >> The relevant block devices for MMC/SD will be /dev/mmcblkXX (where XX
    >> is a number of some sort).
    >>
    >> You will need the following modules loaded, IIRC:
    >>
    >> tifm_7xx1
    >> tifm_sd
    >> mmc_block
    >> mmc_core
    >>
    >> -Carlos

    > the modules that are loaded are:
    >
    > tifm_7xx1 10496 0
    > tifm_core 10368 1 tifm_7xx1 sdhci 18828
    > 0
    > mmc_core 25988 1 sdhci
    >
    > but i don't see any mmc block auto loaded
    >
    > anyway i loaded manually:
    >
    > but when i insert an mmc card i see just the following line in dmesg:
    > $dmesg|tail
    > tifm_7xx1: sd card detected in socket 3
    >
    > and obviously i don't see any mmc* device in /dev
    >
    > I lsed /dev and didn't find any relevent device for the mmc block.

+ Reply to Thread