Apache error message on boot and shutdown. - Slackware

This is a discussion on Apache error message on boot and shutdown. - Slackware ; Using plain Slackware 12 when I boot up I get the message "Cannot reliably determine server name. Using 127.0.0.1 as server name." On install on one partition I named my machine with the partition name (hdb3) and used an existing ...

  1. Apache error message on boot and shutdown.

    Using plain Slackware 12 when I boot up I get the message
    "Cannot reliably determine server name. Using 127.0.0.1 as server
    name."

    On install on one partition I named my machine with the partition
    name (hdb3) and used an existing domain on the net (wexfordpress.net).
    On my latest partion it is hda3 and foo.org.
    Both give the same message.

    John Culletion

  2. Re: Apache error message on boot and shutdown.

    On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 07:17:04 -0800, john@wexfordpress.com wrote:

    > Using plain Slackware 12 when I boot up I get the message "Cannot
    > reliably determine server name. Using 127.0.0.1 as server name."

    That happens on a default Slack12 install.

    > On install on one partition I named my machine with the partition name
    > (hdb3) and used an existing domain on the net (wexfordpress.net). On my
    > latest partion it is hda3 and foo.org. Both give the same message.

    What does your apache config believe?

  3. Re: Apache error message on boot and shutdown.

    On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 07:17:04 -0800, john@wexfordpress.com wrote:

    > Using plain Slackware 12 when I boot up I get the message "Cannot
    > reliably determine server name. Using 127.0.0.1 as server name."
    >
    > On install on one partition I named my machine with the partition name
    > (hdb3) and used an existing domain on the net (wexfordpress.net). On my
    > latest partion it is hda3 and foo.org. Both give the same message.
    >
    > John Culletion

    Yeah I get that a lot the solution is to alter some file

    in /etc/httpd on line 156 of httpd.conf it says
    #ServerName www.example.com:80

    Just uncomment that and change the value to suit your machine.

    Richard James

  4. Re: Apache error message on boot and shutdown.

    On Jan 26, 5:38 pm, Richard James wrote:
    > On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 07:17:04 -0800, j...@wexfordpress.com wrote:
    > > Using plain Slackware 12 when I boot up I get the message "Cannot
    > > reliably determine server name. Using 127.0.0.1 as server name."

    > > On install on one partition I named my machine with the partition name
    > > (hdb3) and used an existing domain on the net (wexfordpress.net). On my
    > > latest partion it is hda3 and foo.org. Both give the same message.

    > > John Culletion

    > Yeah I get that a lot the solution is to alter some file
    >
    > in /etc/httpd on line 156 of httpd.conf it says
    > #ServerNamewww.example.com:80
    >
    > Just uncomment that and change the value to suit your machine.
    >
    > Richard James

    Did that & changed the name in a few other obvious places.

    Thanks,

    John

+ Reply to Thread