Dealing with Trolls - Slackware

This is a discussion on Dealing with Trolls - Slackware ; Ol' Helmut thinks that anyone who posts something he doesn't like, and won't quit doing it when he tells them, to is a troll. So I'm not bothering to read any discussion of trolls that would-be authoritarian fool is participating ...

  1. Dealing with Trolls

    Ol' Helmut thinks that anyone who posts something
    he doesn't like, and won't quit doing it when he
    tells them, to is a troll.

    So I'm not bothering to read any discussion of trolls
    that would-be authoritarian fool is participating in.

    A troll is someone who posts only to make trouble and
    uses multiple names: A malicious, cowardly, motor-mouthed
    punk.

    I've learned something in the last few days: The advanced
    search at google groups makes it very easy to check out the
    posting history of a particular name.

    So now, when a name I've never seen before appears out of
    nowhere and is replying to something I've posted, I check
    the name out there, and if there are way too few posts or
    the posts are abusive or stupid, I just ignore the new
    name and any replies to their posts.

    Helmut has 'killfiled' me, thank god.

    But if anyone is inclined to do so, they could tell him
    that I said he could kiss my ass, which will only be
    possible after he pulls his head out of his own ass.
    Considering how fat that head of his is, this could
    be a real problem.

    I won't be reading any replies to this post, but that
    won't stop the trolls. They aren't really talking to
    anyone, just expressing their discontent with life.

    There is a list of 24 names here. My troll list. I never
    read any posts from them, nor any replies to their posts.
    But they don't ever even notice. I think that they are
    incapable of believing that someone could refuse to
    read something posted to them, and/or that their verbal
    garbage somehow hurts their target, as if they are actually
    taken seriously by rational adults.

    Tom

    --
    calhobbit
    at gee mail dot com

  2. Re: Dealing with Trolls

    On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 13:14:24 +0100, Tom N trolled:

    > A troll is someone who posts only to make trouble and uses multiple
    > names: A malicious, cowardly, motor-mouthed punk.

    The opening paragraph of your upcoming autobiography, Alan?

    --
    "Tom N" - the latest nymshift of "Alan Connor".
    Read more about the netkook Alan Connor here:

  3. Re: Dealing with Trolls

    Tom N wrote:

    > I've learned something in the last few days: The advanced
    > search at google groups makes it very easy to check out the
    > posting history of a particular name.

    Too bad you didn't learn that weeks ago. What else don't you know, hmm?

    > So now, when a name I've never seen before appears out of
    > nowhere and is replying to something I've posted, I check
    > the name out there, and if there are way too few posts or
    > the posts are abusive or stupid, I just ignore the new
    > name and any replies to their posts.

    Precious time is slipping away
    You know you're only king for a day
    It doesn't matter to which God you pray
    Precious time is slipping away
    - Van Morrison

    The folks over at the Debian group kicked your ass and sent you back here,
    huh? Oh, well.

    --
    Old Man

    "Swagger isn't courage." Lee Iacocca