Don't Feed the Trolls [OT] - Slackware

This is a discussion on Don't Feed the Trolls [OT] - Slackware ; My new years resolution list 1. Don't respond to Trolls anymore, don't read their posts, don't waste the time (Maybe I should get a better newsreader) 2. Don't read or respond to any comment on Slashdot 3. Don't read or ...

  1. Don't Feed the Trolls [OT]

    My new years resolution list

    1. Don't respond to Trolls anymore, don't read their posts, don't waste the
    time (Maybe I should get a better newsreader)
    2. Don't read or respond to any comment on Slashdot
    3. Don't read or respond to any comment on OSnews
    4. Don't get involved in a flamewar with Aaron Seigo

    Maybe then I will have enough time to finish my coding projects. And maybe
    then I might have enough extra time to build a game console/BASIC computer.
    And maybe have enough time to write more articles for the slack wiki. Not
    particularly in that order.

    Irrelevant work takes up all the time available for relevant work therefore
    making your project a work of irrelevance.
    Richard's Law

    Richard James

  2. Re: Don't Feed the Trolls [OT]

    On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 21:19:29 +1000, Richard James wrote:
    > 1. Don't respond to Trolls anymore, don't read their posts, don't waste
    > the time (Maybe I should get a better newsreader)

    You forgot to post your personal troll list so we could see if we had
    made the cut or not :-)

  3. Re: Don't Feed the Trolls [OT]

    Mark South wrote:

    > On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 21:19:29 +1000, Richard James wrote:
    >> 1. Don't respond to Trolls anymore, don't read their posts, don't waste
    >> the time (Maybe I should get a better newsreader)

    > You forgot to post your personal troll list so we could see if we had
    > made the cut or not :-)

    No sorry you're not good enough please try again after the beep

    BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

    Richard James

  4. Re: Don't Feed the Trolls [OT]

    On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 21:38:46 +1000, Richard James wrote:

    > Mark South wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 21:19:29 +1000, Richard James wrote:
    >>> 1. Don't respond to Trolls anymore, don't read their posts, don't
    >>> waste the time (Maybe I should get a better newsreader)

    >> You forgot to post your personal troll list so we could see if we had
    >> made the cut or not :-)

    > No sorry you're not good enough please try again after the beep
    >
    > BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

    Damn. I got nothing.

  5. Re: Don't Feed the Trolls [OT]

    On 2008-01-25, Richard James wrote:
    > 4. Don't get involved in a flamewar with Aaron Seigo

    Wait - I like Aaron Seigo. What was that about?

    -RW

  6. Re: Don't Feed the Trolls [OT]

    Robby Workman wrote:

    > On 2008-01-25, Richard James wrote:
    >> 4. Don't get involved in a flamewar with Aaron Seigo

    > Wait - I like Aaron Seigo. What was that about?

    I'd rather not explain because well it was embarrassing. Basically I made
    myself look like a fool in front of him. It was all a horrible
    misunderstanding. By the time I realised what I had done it had reached the
    level of a personal email from him, I had to email back and explain my
    actions. Then it was over.

    It was proably the dumbest thing I did in the last year.

    Aaron is an good guy but he has a lot of hard work ahead of him trying to
    push ahead with KDE 4

    Richard James

  7. Re: Don't Feed the Trolls [OT]

    On 2008-01-25, Richard James wrote:
    > Robby Workman wrote:
    >
    >> On 2008-01-25, Richard James wrote:
    >>> 4. Don't get involved in a flamewar with Aaron Seigo

    >> Wait - I like Aaron Seigo. What was that about?

    > I'd rather not explain because well it was embarrassing. Basically I made
    > myself look like a fool in front of him. It was all a horrible
    > misunderstanding. By the time I realised what I had done it had reached the
    > level of a personal email from him, I had to email back and explain my
    > actions. Then it was over.
    >
    > It was proably the dumbest thing I did in the last year.

    Ah okay, well, that happens. We all do dumb things, so no worries.
    At least you had the intellectual and intestinal fortitude to admit
    that you were (partially?) at fault.

    > Aaron is an good guy but he has a lot of hard work ahead of him trying to
    > push ahead with KDE 4

    Yeah, but they're all doing a great job with it. The KDE4 Release Event
    was simply outstanding - there's a whole lot to like about the new kde4
    series, even though most people won't get to see it in production use
    until kde-4.1.0 releases.

    -RW

+ Reply to Thread