I want to thank everybody... - Slackware

This is a discussion on I want to thank everybody... - Slackware ; Thank you all that posted your thoughts guiding me on my quest to learn to program. I should have stated in my first post that I am nearing retirement and wish to work and contribute to the F/OSS community - ...

  1. I want to thank everybody...

    Thank you all that posted your thoughts guiding me on my quest to learn to
    program.

    I should have stated in my first post that I am nearing retirement and wish
    to work and contribute to the F/OSS community - maybe starting by cleaning
    up some code, writing docs, maybe eventually resurrecting a dormant
    project.

    I have decided to revisit my assembler programming, this time in Linux (32
    bit flat memory - Yes!) FIRST.

    Then I will tackle C programming because that will better suit my
    interests - I am not so interested in writing GUIs.

    I have also noted all the online resources (WWW and usenet) some of you have
    recommended, very helpful.

    Thanks again.

    BJ

  2. Re: I want to thank everybody...

    CD Baric wrote:
    > I have decided to revisit my assembler programming, this time in Linux (32
    > bit flat memory - Yes!) FIRST.

    640K of memory should be enough for anybody.

  3. Re: I want to thank everybody...

    > I have decided to revisit my assembler programming, this time in Linux (32
    > bit flat memory - Yes!) FIRST.

    32bit?? ... we are going for 64bit now

    and yes, from user-space it might look as flat memory .. but start learning
    how it looks from kernel-space

    --
    damjan

+ Reply to Thread