pthreads man pages - Slackware

This is a discussion on pthreads man pages - Slackware ; Where are these guys, e.g. pthread_create? It looks like they were installed with glibc-2.3.6-i486-6 on Slack 11, but in Slack 12 and -current they're not there. (There's a /usr/man dir in the glibc package, but with nothing in it.) I ...

  1. pthreads man pages

    Where are these guys, e.g. pthread_create?

    It looks like they were installed with glibc-2.3.6-i486-6 on Slack 11,
    but in Slack 12 and -current they're not there. (There's a /usr/man dir
    in the glibc package, but with nothing in it.)

    I have /usr/man/man7/pthreads.7.gz from the man pages package, but grep
    pthread_create in /var/adm/packages (or MANIFEST.bz2, for that matter)
    gives no matches, nor does sudo locate pthread_create.

    Interestingly, apropos gives me hits, but man doesn't. (Maybe
    makewhatis gets the info from pthreads.7? Or maybe the file exists
    somewhere and I can't find it?)

    $ apropos pthread_create
    pthread_create (3) - create a new thread
    $ man pthread_create
    No manual entry for pthread_create

    The POSIX man pages from LDP include the pthread pages, but Patrick's
    SlackBuild script strips them out when building the man pages package.
    They probably weren't what I was after, anyway.

    Thanks,
    -Beej

  2. Re: pthreads man pages

    On Jan 22, 10:04 pm, Beej Jorgensen wrote:
    > Where are these guys, e.g. pthread_create?
    >
    > [ ... ]

    There are more man pages missing, OpenGL (Mesa) man pages for example
    (and I do remember these were there in some of previous Slackware
    versions)...

+ Reply to Thread