accessing harddrive or flash drive - Slackware

This is a discussion on accessing harddrive or flash drive - Slackware ; On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 08:56:26 -0600, No_One wrote: >> I see black helicopters with "KDE" written on the side. All the time. >> They're practically everywhere I go. >> >> So that proves it. Hehe. > It's the ones ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Results 101 to 107 of 107

  1. Re: Bash User Interface vs. KDE User Interface

    On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 08:56:26 -0600, No_One wrote:

    >> I see black helicopters with "KDE" written on the side. All the time.
    >> They're practically everywhere I go.
    >>
    >> So that proves it.

    Hehe.

    > It's the ones that say BASH, you have to worry about.

    I've seen a few of those. It's my understanding that they are just
    unmanned drones, and nothing to be afraid of. It's the ones that say
    "TCSH" or "KSH" that you need to watch out for.

    --
    "Tom N" - the latest nymshift of "Alan Connor".
    Read more about the netkook Alan Connor here:

  2. Re: Bash User Interface vs. KDE User Interface

    Dan C wrote:
    > On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 08:56:26 -0600, No_One wrote:
    >
    >>> I see black helicopters with "KDE" written on the side. All the time.
    >>> They're practically everywhere I go.
    >>>
    >>> So that proves it.

    > Hehe.
    >
    >> It's the ones that say BASH, you have to worry about.

    > I've seen a few of those. It's my understanding that they are just
    > unmanned drones, and nothing to be afraid of. It's the ones that say
    > "TCSH" or "KSH" that you need to watch out for.

    I worry about the ones labelled Windows 3.1 or Windows ME, because
    there's a good chance it's going to be crashing anytime and I don't want
    to be under it.

    The original Windows NT helicopter was too bloated to fly.

    No one likes the Windows Vista helicopter. Not even the company that
    makes them.

  3. Re: Bash User Interface vs. KDE User Interface

    On 2008-01-24, goarilla <"kevin DOT paulus AT skynet DOT be"> wrote:
    > the project goal of kde was to create a free CDE alternative

    Nope, that was Olivier Fourdan's goal with Xfce.

    -RW

  4. Re: Bash User Interface vs. KDE User Interface

    Old Man wrote :

    > I'm sure this means you will be talking to yourself in a Debian group and
    > annoying those folks from now on.

    He sure will go when he learn that Patrick Volkerding actually makes a
    living out of Slackware

    > Poor, foolish Tom.

    Yeah, its sad to see a man go bunkers because of a web-site with
    screenshots.
    --
    Thomas O.

  5. Re: Bash User Interface vs. KDE User Interface

    On 2008-01-25, +Alan Hicks+ wrote:

    > On 2008-01-25, D Herring wrote:
    >> cat >saying <<_EOF
    >> Supposedly, X is more convenient, but that's garbage.
    >> It takes longer for a novice to learn X than it does
    >> to learn Y.
    >> _EOF

    > I suppose it's no reflection on me that I initially read "X is more
    > convienient" and immediately thought "What the hell is this guy
    > smoking? X11 isn't more convienient than the shell!"

    If it's any comfort, I did the same thing, except I was wondering what
    shell Y was supposed to be: csh, tcsh, bash, ash, ksh, zsh, what,
    dammit?!?

    --keith

    (try just my userid to email me)

  6. Re: HAL (was: Re: accessing harddrive or flash drive)

    On 2008-01-23, Tom N wrote:

    > The Linux I support is an operating system for hackers, not ignorant appliance operators.

    So, why can't you find hald? It is "hald", by the way. Try that with
    locate. If you still have nothing, you didn't install it, Mr Appliance
    Operator.

    nb

  7. Re: Bash User Interface vs. KDE User Interface (was:...)

    On 2008-01-24, Tom N wrote:

    > Yet another stupid post.........

    (I sooo don't miss this)

    nb