Mouse sensitivity problem in X/KDE - Slackware

This is a discussion on Mouse sensitivity problem in X/KDE - Slackware ; Hi All, I am running slackware 12 on my laptop, which is a Dell inspirin 510M, Everything seems to be ok, but there seems to be some issue with the mouse, the symptom seems to be that KDE thinks that ...

  1. Mouse sensitivity problem in X/KDE

    Hi All,

    I am running slackware 12 on my laptop, which is a Dell inspirin 510M,
    Everything seems to be ok, but there seems to be some issue with the
    mouse, the symptom seems to be that KDE thinks that the mouse has been
    doubleclicked when it hasnt or the mouse button is being held and
    windows will sometimes be dragged when moving the mouse! I think this
    may be an issue with the X server? Another example will be, say in kde I
    click on firefox with 1 click, in the application menu, 2 copies of
    firefox are attempted to be spawned.

    Anyway, I tried slackware on a desktop machine with a stock ps2 mouse.
    Same issue.

    Its very annoying.. Any suggestions?

    I figure its either a:

    * Timer issue causing the mouse driver to misbehave
    * Sensitivity issue

    From my xorg.conf:

    Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "Mouse0"
    Driver "mouse"
    Option "Protocol" "auto"
    Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
    Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5 6 7"
    EndSection

  2. Re: Mouse sensitivity problem in X/KDE

    alex wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I am running slackware 12 on my laptop, which is a Dell inspirin 510M,
    > Everything seems to be ok, but there seems to be some issue with the
    > mouse, the symptom seems to be that KDE thinks that the mouse has been
    > doubleclicked when it hasnt or the mouse button is being held and
    > windows will sometimes be dragged when moving the mouse! I think this
    > may be an issue with the X server? Another example will be, say in kde I
    > click on firefox with 1 click, in the application menu, 2 copies of
    > firefox are attempted to be spawned.
    >
    > Anyway, I tried slackware on a desktop machine with a stock ps2 mouse.
    > Same issue.
    >
    > Its very annoying.. Any suggestions?
    >
    > I figure its either a:
    >
    > * Timer issue causing the mouse driver to misbehave
    > * Sensitivity issue
    >
    > From my xorg.conf:
    >
    > Section "InputDevice"
    > Identifier "Mouse0"
    > Driver "mouse"
    > Option "Protocol" "auto"
    > Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
    > Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5 6 7"
    > EndSection

    Just a simple suggestion, don't know if it helps, tell the mouse how to
    behave, NO "auto" behaviour, whatever it means. Your guess is as good as
    the mouses.

    Have fun

    Stanislaw
    Slack user from Ulladulla.

  3. Re: Mouse sensitivity problem in X/KDE

    On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 07:04:17 +1100, alex wrote:

    >Hi All,
    >
    >I am running slackware 12 on my laptop, which is a Dell inspirin 510M,
    >Everything seems to be ok, but there seems to be some issue with the
    >mouse, the symptom seems to be that KDE thinks that the mouse has been
    >doubleclicked when it hasnt or the mouse button is being held and
    >windows will sometimes be dragged when moving the mouse! I think this
    >may be an issue with the X server? Another example will be, say in kde I
    >click on firefox with 1 click, in the application menu, 2 copies of
    >firefox are attempted to be spawned.
    >
    >Anyway, I tried slackware on a desktop machine with a stock ps2 mouse.
    >Same issue.
    >
    >Its very annoying.. Any suggestions?
    >
    >I figure its either a:
    >
    >* Timer issue causing the mouse driver to misbehave
    >* Sensitivity issue
    >
    > From my xorg.conf:
    >
    >Section "InputDevice"
    > Identifier "Mouse0"
    > Driver "mouse"
    > Option "Protocol" "auto"
    > Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
    > Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5 6 7"
    >EndSection

    I have this in xorg.conf :

    Section "InputDevice"

    Identifier "Mouse1"
    Driver "mouse"
    Option "Protocol" "Auto" # Auto detect
    Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"

    # Mouse wheel mapping. Default is to map vertical wheel to buttons 4
    & 5,
    # horizontal wheel to buttons 6 & 7. Change if your mouse has more
    than
    # 3 buttons and you need to map the wheel to different button ids to
    avoid
    # conflicts.

    Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"

    EndSection

    Note the differences. I have normal logitech ps2 mouse with
    scollwheel.

    Option "Protocol" "Auto" always worked for me, while PS2 (what
    seems to be more correct) never worked.

    The fact that you have the same issue on 2 machines, with different
    mice, suggest that the configuration is wrong, not the mice.

    Hope this helps!

+ Reply to Thread