CNAME - Slackware

This is a discussion on CNAME - Slackware ; dear gurus, i am using slackware 11, and new to linux world not have much idea on it. where i have to work and set a cname for the ip and domain the domain is like abc.com, and mail url ...

  1. CNAME

    dear gurus,

    i am using slackware 11, and new to linux world not have much idea on
    it.

    where i have to work and set a cname for the ip and domain

    the domain is like abc.com, and mail url on web is like mail.abc.com,
    now i want to add one more hosting alias like webmail.abc.com

    so i try so many files under /etc, and name.conf, various entries. but
    this seems, i am doing mistake somewere

    i need to understand where to define the cname which file, and what
    assosicate to it work around.

    any reference or files names related slackware will be highly
    appreicated

    your students,
    regards
    salim

  2. Re: CNAME

    Hi

    Am 28.12.2007 09:42, salim.madni@gmail.com schrieb:
    > dear gurus,

    Not really, so at your own risk

    > where i have to work and set a cname for the ip and domain
    >
    > the domain is like abc.com, and mail url on web is like mail.abc.com,
    > now i want to add one more hosting alias like webmail.abc.com
    >
    > so i try so many files under /etc, and name.conf, various entries. but
    > this seems, i am doing mistake somewere
    >
    > i need to understand where to define the cname which file, and what
    > assosicate to it work around.

    As I understand it, your immediate problem is in the DNS and *not*
    in your box. The CNAME (or MX or whatever) record should be in the
    global DNS. Otherwise how a remote computer find out that mail to
    somebody@webmail.abc.com should be delivered to your computer?

    Check with the DNS service you use for "abc.com".

    HTH
    VR

+ Reply to Thread