Asus eee - Slackware

This is a discussion on Asus eee - Slackware ; Anyone ported Slackware to the Asus eee? -- greymaus Just Another Grumpy Old Man...

  1. Asus eee

    Anyone ported Slackware to the Asus eee?

    --
    greymaus
    Just Another Grumpy Old Man

  2. Re: Asus eee

    Hallo, greymaus,

    Du meintest am 25.12.07:

    > Anyone ported Slackware to the Asus eee?

    http://forum.eeeuser.com/viewtopic.php?id=2640

    Viele Gruesse
    Helmut

  3. Re: Asus eee

    greymaus wrote :

    > Anyone ported Slackware to the Asus eee?

    Check the thread "Installing Slackware from USB flash?" or follow this
    link:
    --
    Thomas O.

  4. Re: Asus eee

    On Tue, 25 Dec 2007 19:44:24 +0000, greymaus wrote:

    > Anyone ported Slackware to the Asus eee?

    Please excuse my ignorance, but why would it take any particular 'porting'?

  5. Re: Asus eee

    On 2007-12-25, Helmut Hullen wrote:
    > Hallo, greymaus,
    >
    > Du meintest am 25.12.07:
    >

    >> Anyone ported Slackware to the Asus eee?

    > http://forum.eeeuser.com/viewtopic.php?id=2640

    thanks, good link. I dislike those windowey dists (Xandros)

    --
    greymaus
    Just Another Grumpy Old Man

  6. Re: Asus eee

    On Tue, 25 Dec 2007 20:56:00 +0100, Helmut Hullen wrote:

    > "Ubuntu" - an African word, meaning "Slackware is too hard for me".

    Hey doofus: If you're gonna use my signature, at least learn how to
    properly use a signature. Free hint: "delimiter".

  7. Re: Asus eee

    On Tue, 25 Dec 2007 22:44:23 +0000, greymaus wrote:

    > On 2007-12-25, ray wrote:
    >> On Tue, 25 Dec 2007 19:44:24 +0000, greymaus wrote:
    >>

    >>> Anyone ported Slackware to the Asus eee?

    >> Please excuse my ignorance, but why would it take any particular 'porting'?
    >>

    > It has a flash hard drive, no CD drive, and takes a CD thingie.

    If the flash memory is handled via an IDE interface adapter, then it would
    be handled as though it were a hard drive - do you know how it is
    interfaced?

  8. Re: Asus eee

    On 2007-12-26, ray wrote:
    > On Tue, 25 Dec 2007 22:44:23 +0000, greymaus wrote:

    >>> Please excuse my ignorance, but why would it take any particular 'porting'?
    >>>

    >> It has a flash hard drive, no CD drive, and takes a CD thingie.

    > If the flash memory is handled via an IDE interface adapter, then it would
    > be handled as though it were a hard drive - do you know how it is
    > interfaced?

    I havn't got one yet, maybe next week, forewarned, forearmed?..
    Had a Zaurus with flash storage which got overloaded, never recovered
    (these things cant be memory zeroed by turning off).. well, so far
    anyway.

    --
    greymaus
    Just Another Grumpy Old Man

  9. Installing a slackware on a machine not intended to run Slackware,

    On Tue, 25 Dec 2007, greymaus wrote:

    > On 2007-12-25, Helmut Hullen wrote:
    >> Hallo, greymaus,
    >>
    >> Du meintest am 25.12.07:
    >>

    >>> Anyone ported Slackware to the Asus eee?

    >> http://forum.eeeuser.com/viewtopic.php?id=2640

    My only problem is: if that machine is meant to run on an easily wearable
    media, if you install any distro that does not take this into
    consideration, would that wear the flash drive in short time?

    Think about /var/* and you'll get the picture.

    --
    Ottavio
    http://www.pledgebank.com/boycottvista

+ Reply to Thread