Pinnacle Dazzle in slackware? - Slackware

This is a discussion on Pinnacle Dazzle in slackware? - Slackware ; Hi! has anybody tried this piece of hardware with slackware 12? Dazzle DVD Recorder http://tiny.pl/pr4m I'd like to burn into DVDs some old VHS cassettes. Can you recommend any other (cheap) piece of hardware to connect the VCR to an ...

  1. Pinnacle Dazzle in slackware?

    Hi!

    has anybody tried this piece of hardware with slackware 12?

    Dazzle DVD Recorder
    http://tiny.pl/pr4m

    I'd like to burn into DVDs some old VHS cassettes.

    Can you recommend any other (cheap) piece of hardware to connect the
    VCR to an USB port running Slackware 12?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Pinnacle Dazzle in slackware?

    la soluzione migliore é prendere un DVD recorder
    e collegarci il vhs.

  3. Re: Pinnacle Dazzle in slackware?

    On 2007-12-24, federico savini wrote:

    > la soluzione migliore é prendere un DVD recorder
    > e collegarci il vhs.
    >

    > On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 17:03:43 +0100, L'Ezione D'Istile wrote:

    Isn't this wonderful. He obviously speaks English and the original
    post was in English and this is an English group.

    But he posts the reply in another language.

    That's what I call the spirit of sharing.

    Tom

    --
    simpleman.s43
    That would be at gee male

  4. Re: Pinnacle Dazzle in slackware?

    On Tue, 25 Dec 2007 00:36:05 +0100, Tom N wrote:

    > On 2007-12-24, federico savini wrote:
    >>
    >> la soluzione migliore é prendere un DVD recorder e collegarci il vhs.
    >>

    >> On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 17:03:43 +0100, L'Ezione D'Istile wrote:

    > Isn't this wonderful. He obviously speaks English and the original post
    > was in English and this is an English group.
    >
    > But he posts the reply in another language.
    >
    > That's what I call the spirit of sharing.

    Exactement. Je n'aurais pu mieux dire la solitude du coureur de fond.

  5. Re: Pinnacle Dazzle in slackware?

    On 2007-12-25, loki harfagr wrote:
    > On Tue, 25 Dec 2007 00:36:05 +0100, Tom N wrote:
    >
    >> On 2007-12-24, federico savini wrote:
    >>>
    >>> la soluzione migliore é prendere un DVD recorder e collegarci il vhs.
    >>>

    >>> On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 17:03:43 +0100, L'Ezione D'Istile wrote:

    >> Isn't this wonderful. He obviously speaks English and the original post
    >> was in English and this is an English group.
    >>
    >> But he posts the reply in another language.
    >>
    >> That's what I call the spirit of sharing.

    > Exactement. Je n'aurais pu mieux dire la solitude du coureur de fond.

    I figure when people do stuff like this, it's because what they have to
    say is so stupid and ignorant they don't want anyone to know what it is.

    Why else?

    People who can't speak the language can't tell whether they have posted
    a nursery rhyime or spam, or if it's even a foreign language. Could be
    just gibberish.

    One thing is pretty certain. It doesn't matter.

    If it mattered, they'd make sure that we knew what they were saying.

    Tom

    --
    simpleman.s43
    That would be at gee male

  6. Re: Pinnacle Dazzle in slackware?

    look at the headers of the posts

    On Tue, 25 Dec 2007 01:58:17 +0100, Tom N wrote:

  7. Re: Pinnacle Dazzle in slackware?

    activez la visualisation des
    headers des mails

    On Tue, 25 Dec 2007 00:24:13 +0000, loki harfagr wrote:

  8. Re: Pinnacle Dazzle in slackware?

    On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 17:03:43 +0100, L'Ezione D'Istile wrote:

    > Hi!
    >
    > has anybody tried this piece of hardware with slackware 12?
    >
    > Dazzle DVD Recorder
    > http://tiny.pl/pr4m
    >
    > I'd like to burn into DVDs some old VHS cassettes.
    >
    > Can you recommend any other (cheap) piece of hardware to connect the
    > VCR to an USB port running Slackware 12?
    >
    > Thanks

    Try one of the following websites:
    http://www.linux-usb.org/ --> general info about Linux & USB
    http://www.qbik.ch/usb/devices/ --> Working USB Device list
    http://mcentral.de/wiki/index.php/Em2880 --> Possible chipset and info

    I'm using PCI based cards to convert video signals
    --> different set of simmilar problems.

    Rudy

  9. Re: Pinnacle Dazzle in slackware?

    "Tom N" escreveu na mensagem
    > On 2007-12-25, loki harfagr wrote:

    >>> Isn't this wonderful. He obviously speaks English and the original post
    >>> was in English and this is an English group.
    >>>
    >>> But he posts the reply in another language.
    >>>
    >>> That's what I call the spirit of sharing.

    >> Exactement. Je n'aurais pu mieux dire la solitude du coureur de fond.

    > I figure when people do stuff like this, it's because what they have to
    > say is so stupid and ignorant they don't want anyone to know what it is.
    >
    > Why else?
    >
    > People who can't speak the language can't tell whether they have posted
    > a nursery rhyime or spam, or if it's even a foreign language. Could be
    > just gibberish.
    >
    > One thing is pretty certain. It doesn't matter.
    >
    > If it mattered, they'd make sure that we knew what they were saying.
    >
    > Tom
    >
    > --
    > simpleman.s43
    > That would be at gee male

    Preocupas-te demais com merdas que não têm importância nenhuma... E ainda
    por cima fazes assumpções ad-hoc que só tu saberás (nessa mente obscura)
    justificar.
    Deixa-te disso e vê se escreves alguma coisa de util referente ao post
    original.

    Cumprimentos

    Paulo Costa

    --
    I don't have a sig...

  10. Re: Pinnacle Dazzle in slackware?

    i think that between 2 italians
    it's better to speak italian.
    it's a bit time wasting:
    1) think of the answer in italian
    2) translate in english
    3) read a italian mail translated in english
    4) translate in italian a italian mail traslated in english

    Richard James wrote:

  11. Re: Pinnacle Dazzle in slackware?

    On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 14:38:10 +0100, Federico Savini wrote:

    > i think that between 2 italians
    > it's better to speak italian.
    > it's a bit time wasting:
    > 1) think of the answer in italian
    > 2) translate in english
    > 3) read a italian mail translated in english 4) translate in italian a
    > italian mail traslated in english

    That's probable, though you also may have had put the translation
    for other people that sometimes read the alt. hierarchy and are not
    fully subscribed to the it. hierarchy ;-)
    (hence my post about loneliness of the runner, anyway...)

    Anyway, you replied the wrong poster, Richard James was just
    gently mocking 'Tom N' because he assumed that english was the only
    way to go (while he was also gently ticking you for reacting as frustrated)

    Though it is true that the alt. hierachy doesn't *impose* english
    which is only 'the prefered' language (at least this form of
    general worldglish that we meet on the Net).
    Besides, the first post was in english and your reply about
    "look at the headers" to explain why you overimposed italian was
    a bit funny as the OP headers contain
    "From: L'Ezione D'Istile "

    So you had better replied in good old norwegian !D)
    Do the group a favor to help close this thread, here's
    the translation of your post in alt. prefered language:
    "The best solution is to take a DVD recorder and plug the VHS in."

    Please now publish the .no version ;-)

  12. Re: Pinnacle Dazzle in slackware?

    Federico Savini wrote:
    > i think that between 2 italians
    > it's better to speak italian.

    That might be the most efficient way for you to communicate, but please do
    so by email instead of using an english language newsgroup.

    > it's a bit time wasting:
    > 1) think of the answer in italian
    > 2) translate in english
    > 3) read a italian mail translated in english
    > 4) translate in italian a italian mail traslated in english

    The advantage of that effort is that the rest of the world will be able to
    follow your conversation. If your conversation leads to something useful
    others will be able to search google groups if they need a solution for a
    problem. One day someone out there in a country far away from italy might
    find your solution useful.

    regards Henrik
    root@localhost postmaster@localhost

  13. Re: Pinnacle Dazzle in slackware?

    Tom N wrote:

    >> Exactement. Je n'aurais pu mieux dire la solitude du coureur de fond.

    > I figure when people do stuff like this, it's because what they have to
    > say is so stupid and ignorant they don't want anyone to know what it is.
    >
    > Why else?

    Maybe they get frustrated when someone assumes that English is the language
    everyone should use.
    http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...ition&ct=title

    Richard James

  14. Re: Pinnacle Dazzle in slackware?

    On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 17:03:43 +0100, L'Ezione D'Istile wrote:

    > Hi!
    >
    > has anybody tried this piece of hardware with slackware 12?
    >
    > Dazzle DVD Recorder
    > http://tiny.pl/pr4m
    >
    > I'd like to burn into DVDs some old VHS cassettes.
    >
    > Can you recommend any other (cheap) piece of hardware to connect the VCR
    > to an USB port running Slackware 12?
    >
    > Thanks

    Save your cash for a more important project and get a TV tuner with a
    bt878 chipset. Most of the ones I've seen have at least a composite input
    and if you shop a bit, you should be able to get a S-Video input as well.
    A few years ago I did the same thing (converting VHS to mpeg2) and for a
    measly 15 bucks on ebay, I had it doing what I wanted.

  15. Re: Pinnacle Dazzle in slackware?

    > Isn't this wonderful. He obviously speaks English and the original post
    > was in English and this is an English group.
    >
    > But he posts the reply in another language.
    >
    > That's what I call the spirit of sharing.
    >
    > Tom

    Funny, it's us fatass americans who whine the most. Another language? HAH.
    Well, I guess we still have our bored teenaged suburban wigger kids that
    SOUND like have a different language (including thier own version of
    signing for primal communication) Look at me, I live within 3 hours of
    Canukistan and cant speak a bit of French, other to enough to purchase sex.

    Just glad the man pages are in english, I commend anyone who uses english
    as a second language. No way I could do it otherwise.

  16. Re: Pinnacle Dazzle in slackware?

    On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 21:16:36 +0000, Leonard The Committed wrote:

    > Look at me, I live within 3 hours of
    > Canukistan and cant speak a bit of French, other to enough to purchase
    > sex.

    this is probably helpful...most male hookers in Quebec prefer their
    American clients to be illiterate...saves on trying to make small-talk
    with your mouth full...of poutine of course...what?

+ Reply to Thread