Starting sysklogd daemons:/usr/sbin/syslogd - Slackware

This is a discussion on Starting sysklogd daemons:/usr/sbin/syslogd - Slackware ; during the boot of my box, while i see "Starting sysklogd daemons:/usr/sbin/syslogd" my pc stop for several minute, then goes to the login identification this precedent thread don't help me http://shortlink.it/s/muXRt...

  1. Starting sysklogd daemons:/usr/sbin/syslogd

    during the boot of my box,
    while i see "Starting sysklogd daemons:/usr/sbin/syslogd"
    my pc stop for several minute, then goes to the login identification

    this precedent thread don't help me
    http://shortlink.it/s/muXRt

  2. Re: Starting sysklogd daemons:/usr/sbin/syslogd

    gabinettoski@supereva.it wrote:

    > during the boot of my box, while i see "Starting sysklogd
    > daemons:/usr/sbin/syslogd" my pc stop for several minute, then goes to
    > the login identification

    It's probably trying to search for a hostname via DNS. Make sure that
    your system's hostname and IP address properly configured in /etc/hosts,
    and that any other hosts that your syslogd might try to find (for
    example, if you've configured logging to a remote host) are resolvable,
    either by DNS, or with suitable entries in /etc/hosts.

    I hope that helps ...

  3. Re: Starting sysklogd daemons:/usr/sbin/syslogd

    On 17 Dic, 15:59, Sylvain Robitaille wrote:
    > It's probably trying to search for a hostname via DNS. Make sure that
    > your system's hostname and IP address properly configured in /etc/hosts,
    > and that any other hosts that your syslogd might try to find (for
    > example, if you've configured logging to a remote host) are resolvable,
    > either by DNS, or with suitable entries in /etc/hosts.
    >
    > I hope that helps ...
    > (...)

    nope thanks the same

    bash-3.1$ cat /etc/hosts
    #
    # hosts This file describes a number of hostname-to-address
    # mappings for the TCP/IP subsystem. It is mostly
    # used at boot time, when no name servers are running.
    # On small systems, this file can be used instead of a
    # "named" name server. Just add the names, addresses
    # and any aliases to this file...
    #
    # By the way, Arnt Gulbrandsen says that
    127.0.0.1
    # should NEVER be named with the name of the machine. It causes
    problems
    # for some (stupid) programs, irc and reputedly talk. :^)
    #

    # For loopbacking.
    127.0.0.1 localhost
    127.0.0.1 tuyi.uyt tuyi