    http://www.goodbye-windows.com/debian/vista/

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Installing Slackware from within Vista?

    On 2007-12-16, plenty900@yahoo.com wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I think it would be very convenient to have something equivalent
    > to this for Slackware:
    > http://www.goodbye-windows.com/debian/vista/

    You don't need windows to install slackware. Just walk right over it.

    Tom

    --
    simpleman.s43
    That would be at gee male

  3. Re: Installing Slackware from within Vista?

    On Sat, 15 Dec 2007 17:05:49 -0800, plenty900 wrote:

    > I think it would be very convenient to have something equivalent
    > to this for Slackware:
    > http://www.goodbye-windows.com/debian/vista/

    You're a moron. No Slacker in his right mind would even consider such a
    stupid ****ing idea.

    > Thanks.

    **** off, doofus.

  4. Re: Installing Slackware from within Vista?

    On 2007-12-16, Dan C wrote:
    > On Sat, 15 Dec 2007 17:05:49 -0800, plenty900 wrote:
    >
    >> I think it would be very convenient to have something equivalent
    >> to this for Slackware:
    >> http://www.goodbye-windows.com/debian/vista/

    > You're a moron. No Slacker in his right mind would even consider such a
    > stupid ****ing idea.
    >
    >> Thanks.

    > **** off, doofus.

    You keep saying that.

    When are you going to make me?

    Tom

    --
    simpleman.s43
    That would be at gee male

  5. Re: Installing Slackware from within Vista?

    On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 03:34:15 +0100, Tom N wrote:

    >> **** off, doofus.

    > You keep saying that.
    > When are you going to make me?

    When am I going to make you do what, moron? Or is "plenty900" another one
    of your aliases (you would call them "sockpuppets"), and you got confused
    as to which name you had posted under?

    You're pathetic.

    > Tom

    It's Alan, Tom.

  6. Re: Installing Slackware from within Vista?

    plenty900@yahoo.com wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I think it would be very convenient to have something equivalent
    > to this for Slackware:
    > http://www.goodbye-windows.com/debian/vista/

    That is a cute trick; it shouldn't be too hard (given the time and
    interest) to port this to *all* non-windows OSs. How long until M$
    patches this "bug"? [Maybe an antivirus update that blocks "unsafe"
    operating systems?]

    However, there is some wisdom to using a boot CD: if something
    breaks, and the drive fails to boot, you have a freshly tested boot CD
    that (with care) will let you dig out of the mess.

    - Daniel

  7. Re: Installing Slackware from within Vista?

    Dan C wrote:

    > When am I going to make you do what, moron? Or is "plenty900" another one
    > of your aliases (you would call them "sockpuppets"), and you got confused
    > as to which name you had posted under?

    I really don't think he is Alan. The term sockpuppet isn't something Alan
    invented - it is a real term that has been around a while. Plus, Alan
    wouldn't be caught dead using something as fancy as X.

    - Kurt

  8. Re: Installing Slackware from within Vista?

    > **** off, doofus.

    You have a low IQ and low self-esteem.

  9. Re: Installing Slackware from within Vista?

    > You're pathetic.

    What did you do, to get yourself in prison anyway?

  10. Re: Installing Slackware from within Vista?

    On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 08:23:02 -0800, plenty900 wrote:

    > You have a low IQ and low self-esteem.

    Wrong again, dimwit. But you're used to being wrong, I'm sure.

    Run along and play with the other Google Gropers.

  11. Re: Installing Slackware from within Vista?

    On Sat, 15 Dec 2007 17:05:49 -0800, plenty900 wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I think it would be very convenient to have something equivalent to this
    > for Slackware:
    > http://www.goodbye-windows.com/debian/vista/
    >
    > Thanks.

    Hi,

    Take at look at QEMU and VMWarePlayer.
    http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/qemu/
    http://www.vmware.com/products/player/
    Both are free.
    QEMU is open source.
    I have installed Slackware in VMWarePlayer running on WinXP.
    VMWarePlayer also runs on Vista, so it should be OK.

    Cheers,

+ Reply to Thread