parted.SlackBuild accident ( GCC-your-own/SlackBuild newby ) - Slackware

This is a discussion on parted.SlackBuild accident ( GCC-your-own/SlackBuild newby ) - Slackware ; I've been looking at installing PARTED but by accident hit enter (in MC ) on parted.SlackBuild in disk3/extra/sources.( loopy mounted ISOs under mnt ). While I don't see parted nor libparted, usage on my root partition has grown by about ...

  1. parted.SlackBuild accident ( GCC-your-own/SlackBuild newby )

    I've been looking at installing PARTED but by accident hit enter (in MC )
    on parted.SlackBuild in disk3/extra/sources.( loopy mounted ISOs under mnt ).
    While I don't see parted nor libparted, usage on my root partition has grown by
    about 7 Meg. Why I am not surprised the script did not work (from other SlackBuild articles here ), what or where was created?

    (nicht verstehen -mTUNE? LOL, big problem for the one think I like rebuilding/tweeking)

    Cheers Sam.

  2. Re: parted.SlackBuild accident ( GCC-your-own/SlackBuild newby )

    On Sat, 08 Dec 2007 14:15:17 -0500, Sambo wrote:

    > I've been looking at installing PARTED but by accident hit enter (in MC )
    > on parted.SlackBuild in disk3/extra/sources.( loopy mounted ISOs under mnt ).
    > While I don't see parted nor libparted, usage on my root partition has grown by
    > about 7 Meg. Why I am not surprised the script did not work (from other SlackBuild articles here ), what or where was created?

    Did you look for the package in /tmp?

  3. Re: parted.SlackBuild accident ( GCC-your-own/SlackBuild newby )

    Dave Uhring wrote:

    > On Sat, 08 Dec 2007 14:15:17 -0500, Sambo wrote:
    >

    >>I've been looking at installing PARTED but by accident hit enter (in MC )
    >>on parted.SlackBuild in disk3/extra/sources.( loopy mounted ISOs under mnt ).
    >>While I don't see parted nor libparted, usage on my root partition has grown by
    >>about 7 Meg. Why I am not surprised the script did not work (from other SlackBuild articles here ), what or where was created?

    > Did you look for the package in /tmp?

    I did afterwards , the scrypt was nowhere as near as long as the build,
    So I could decipher it, but I guess I didn't cancel the message fast enough.
    Cheers.

+ Reply to Thread