repeated message - Slackware

This is a discussion on repeated message - Slackware ; Hi, I submitted a message titled 'skype and sound' to alt.os.linux.slackware on Dec. 1. It only shows up once in this forum but it has been repeated many times on the original site. Does anyone know how to stop this ...

  1. repeated message

    Hi,
    I submitted a message titled 'skype and sound' to
    alt.os.linux.slackware on Dec. 1. It only shows up once in this forum
    but it has been repeated many times on the original site. Does anyone
    know how to stop this message from being repeated?
    Thanks, jwc

    Message posted via:
    =====================
    www.linuxpackages.net/forum
    www.linuxpackages.net
    Expanding the world of Slackware
    =====================

  2. Re: repeated message

    jwc wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I submitted a message titled 'skype and sound' to
    > alt.os.linux.slackware on Dec. 1. It only shows up once in this forum
    > but it has been repeated many times on the original site. Does anyone
    > know how to stop this message from being repeated?
    > Thanks, jwc

    I think the folks at linuxpackages will have to stop it. Their software is
    sending it. Ironic, in that they describe this newsgroup as having "lots
    of spam and stupid junk."

    --
    Old Man

    "Swagger isn't courage." Lee Iacocca

  3. Re: repeated message

    Old Man wrote:
    > I think the folks at linuxpackages will have to stop it. Their software
    > is sending it. Ironic, in that they describe this newsgroup as having
    > "lots of spam and stupid junk."

    According to the header it seems as if linuxpackages use twtelecom.net for
    their newsfeed:

    Subject: repeated message

    If linuxpackages are unable or unwilling to stop these repeated messages,
    maybe twtelecom.net will be more helpful in cutting of linuxpackages from
    this newsgroup?

    regards Henrik
    root@localhost postmaster@localhost

  4. Re: repeated message

    On Mon, 03 Dec 2007 21:17:56 GMT, jwc wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I submitted a message titled 'skype and sound' to
    > alt.os.linux.slackware on Dec. 1. It only shows up once in this forum
    > but it has been repeated many times on the original site. Does anyone
    > know how to stop this message from being repeated?

    Posting the issue in the web forum that might be causeing the problem is
    not how to get it fixed. Email the site admins and talk to them.

    --
    auric dot auric at gmail dot com
    email sent to the above address is not treated as private

+ Reply to Thread