make a small destro - Slackware

This is a discussion on make a small destro - Slackware ; Hello , Im using slackware 11 . I have been using for some time and im intrested in taking a step further by making a custom slackware system .. so every time i need to re-install or do what ever ...

  1. make a small destro

    Hello ,
    Im using slackware 11 . I have been using for some time and im
    intrested in taking a step further by making a custom slackware
    system .. so every time i need to re-install or do what ever i dnt
    have to go trough selecting the pakgs and installation method etc .. I
    prefer to have a out come like ZenWalk .. because its light weight and
    its slackware ! need some advise ... pls help ...
    Gayan

  2. Re: make a small destro

    On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 05:03:17 -0800, lorenzu wrote:

    > Im using slackware 11 . I have been using for some time and im
    > intrested in taking a step further by making a custom slackware
    > system .. so every time i need to re-install or do what ever i dnt
    > have to go trough selecting the pakgs and installation method etc .. I
    > prefer to have a out come like ZenWalk .. because its light weight and
    > its slackware ! need some advise ... pls help ...

    Tagfiles.

  3. Re: make a small destro

    On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 05:03:17 -0800 (PST), lorenzu
    wrote:

    >Hello ,
    > Im using slackware 11 . I have been using for some time and im
    >intrested in taking a step further by making a custom slackware
    >system .. so every time i need to re-install or do what ever i dnt
    >have to go trough selecting the pakgs and installation method etc .. I
    >prefer to have a out come like ZenWalk .. because its light weight and
    >its slackware ! need some advise ... pls help ...
    > Gayan

    I found this page useful when I was looking to remaster Slackware CD1
    for a simple/quick reinstall disk:
    http://www.linuxquestions.org/linux/...ome_Slack_CUSS

    A Google for "Linux remaster CD" (and variants) will turn up many
    others...

    Scott McMillan

  4. Re: make a small destro

    lorenzu wrote:
    > Im using slackware 11 . I have been using for some time and im
    > intrested in taking a step further by making a custom slackware
    > system .. so every time i need to re-install or do what ever i dnt
    > have to go trough selecting the pakgs and installation method etc .. I
    > prefer to have a out come like ZenWalk .. because its light weight and
    > its slackware ! need some advise ... pls help ...

    You can learn a lot doing a Linux From Scratch install. I did it using
    the Slackware source CDs.

    - Kurt

+ Reply to Thread