Sound again - Slackware

This is a discussion on Sound again - Slackware ; I have alsa fired up and working and sound from Realplay works. But when I click on a youtube image (or similar) the sound does not come through the speakers. It did before as I recall. It does not matter ...

  1. Sound again

    I have alsa fired up and working and sound from Realplay works. But
    when I click on a youtube image (or similar) the sound does not come
    through the speakers. It did before as I recall. It does not matter
    if I use Konqueror or Firefox. Where should I look first?

    John Culleton

  2. Re: Sound again

    On Nov 19, 10:35 am, "j...@wexfordpress.com"
    wrote:
    > I have alsa fired up and working and sound from Realplay works. But
    > when I click on a youtube image (or similar) the sound does not come
    > through the speakers. It did before as I recall. It does not matter
    > if I use Konqueror or Firefox. Where should I look first?
    >
    > John Culleton

    Update: the latest beta version of flash player fixed that for
    Firefox.
    Now I am chasing down Flash on Konqueror.

    Stay tuned.

    John Culleton

  3. Re: Sound again

    On Nov 19, 11:06 am, "j...@wexfordpress.com"
    wrote:
    > On Nov 19, 10:35 am, "j...@wexfordpress.com"
    > wrote:
    >
    > > I have alsa fired up and working and sound from Realplay works. But
    > > when I click on a youtube image (or similar) the sound does not come
    > > through the speakers. It did before as I recall. It does not matter
    > > if I use Konqueror or Firefox. Where should I look first?

    > > John Culleton

    > Update: the latest beta version of flash player fixed that for
    > Firefox.
    > Now I am chasing down Flash on Konqueror.
    >
    > Stay tuned.
    >
    > John Culleton

    Konqueror used to complain about no flash. So I updated the plugins,
    and added the .firefox/plugins to the search path. Now konqueror shows
    a blank gray rectangle where the video should play.

    Final solution: make Firefox the default html and xhtml application.

    John c.

  4. Re: Sound again

    john@wexfordpress.com wrote :

    > So I updated the plugins, and added the .firefox/plugins to the search
    > path.

    After rescanning did you check if the new (and only the new)
    flash-plugin was found.
    --
    Thomas O.